Saturday, January 27, 2007

Tagged By A Guitar-Playing Dyke

Dammit!
I knew one of the Aussies would wreak revenge for my Australia Day comment on Old Knudsen's site.
Thank you, Vic. I am duly tagged.

It's the classic meme of:
"Five Things You Don't Know About Me (Only Four Of Which are True) … and Which One's Not True?"

1. When I was little, I used to feed cheese to my toy cars.

2. I know how to get cattle to follow me anywhere.

3. My dining room is guarded by a blue rubber cat.

4. In my guitar collection is a limited edition "Hello Kitty" Fender Stratocaster.

5. I own a collection of Marxist crockery.

So: which of the above is NOT true?

And I know that memes are corny, so I'll save Robyn and Sassy the embarrassment (actually, I think Vic has tagged Sassy already), and I shall tag those two overexcitable children, Lynn and Ame. Go for it, girls.

23 comments:

Scout said...

I would guess the Marxist pottery doesn't exist. The other "facts" are just querky enough to be true. Hmm.

I may tag myself with this one later one today. Let me think...

Sassy Sundry said...

I only accept a few tags a week. I've already taken two. And the five things people don't know about me have never hurt anyone.

Hmmm.. I do like to guess.

1. Sounds cute, but odd. So Dive like.
2. I would have said no, but it makes me laugh.
3. This sounds like you.
4. Given your obsession with Japanese girls, I'm going to allow it.
5. I think you just might.

Just because I like you, and I don't want to think that you seduce bovine creatures, I'm going with 2. If it's not 2, then it is 4.

dive said...

Hee hee. This is fun.

Ame said...

OK, virgin tagger here...please explain! What do I do...and I'll ONLY participate if it won't harm my beautifully-pristine DP reputation! ;)

dive said...

Hi, Ame.
You have to do the meme yourself (5 things we don't know about you, only one of which is untrue) and post it on your blog (you can hide it among your photos), then tag someone else (these things go round and round).

You also have to guess which one of mine is untrue.

Good luck.

Ame said...

But Divey...can't BEEEEEEE! Yours have to ALL be TRUE...and I wanna play with your Pink Strat at the Frolic!

GG said...

oh yes, we aussies know how to get revenge, and nothing says revenge like a meme.

my guess is that number one is not true.

Ame said...

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY! DB! You can't leave a comment yet...cos I wasn't FINISHED FORMATTING! Go back and start again! ;) Well, ok, just leave an addendum to your comment...did you push in your chair?

dive said...

Suitably chastised, I have re-commented (and pushed my chair back in).

Ame said...

Divey Boy! COME back AGAIN! You don't want to forget your homework assignment! HURRY! HURRY!

Vic said...

I'll go with a 1, since it seems easiest to make up stuff about your childhood and get away with it...

Vic said...

Oh and nice PRS, dive! I also agree with the stance on non-played collectables.

M.Benaut said...

I reckon you wish you had that guitar, so it's numero quattro.
Marxist, rubber, toy, cattle are soooo nice to come home-to.
It's #4 pour moi, monsieur.
PS nice to see you taking your pills again and your earlier visit, cobber.

Old Knudsen said...

you know nothing about cattle, thats the one for me.

you pretend friend to cows.

dive said...

Morning, all.
I'll post the answers later today; First up, I've got to go reclaim a couple of guitars that ran away from home around eighteen months ago (they're worse than kids).

Hey, Vic. Thanks for looking through the guitar porn.
I just spent breakfast trolling through your archive.
In case nobody's told you yet today, you are so totally cool!

GG said...

i bet vic and i are right. what do we win?

dive said...

Damn! I wish you were, GG.
But you're not, so I think you ought to pay a forfeit and post a photo of you in those new boots of yours (for Vic as well as me).

GG said...

damn! i was sure i was going to win. ok then, one of the other four is not true.


it is possible.

dive said...

Mmmm … Possible …

M.Benaut said...

STRIKE A LIGHT AN' BLOW ME DOWN, MATE.
Does that mean we're blood brothers, and I don't even take pills !!!
CRIKEY, CHARLEY, (SHIT A BRICK) and HECK !!!
I could even get a knighthood out of this.
MIGHT EVEN GET TO MEET CAMILLA !!!
"ARISE SIR MONSIEUR BENAUT" ?
Jeez cobber, Just call me Sir Benaut.
Better look in the shed for a red carpet.
HOOLY DOOLY; I'VE MADE IT !!!
Thanks Dive.

dive said...

Many congrats. MB.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

I would say it's the cows as i always get the impression they're pretty silly and wouldn't learn such a thing.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

signed One Naughty Child. Rather an attractive name, i feel. thanks lol