Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Kate's Monday Melee On A Tuesday

Okay, so strictly it's "Kate's mate Fracas' Monday Melee on a Tuesday", but I got it from Kate's site so she gets the title.
It's a compact and bijou little assignment-ette, so there's no excuses for not doing it.
Here we go then:

1: The Misanthropic.
(Name something you absolutely hate).
This week I have been mostly hating the attitude of the staff in Norwich's guitar shops, but that's too petty so I'll say religion.

2: The Meretricious:
(Expose someone or something that's phony, fraudulent or bogus).
America's "involvement" in the Middle East (in fact their entire foreign policy since the war with Mexico in 1846).

3: The Malcontent:
(Name something you're unhappy with).
The fact that I have not had sexual congress since mammoths roamed the earth.

4: The Meritorious.
(Give someone credit for something and name it if you can).
My boss, CJ, for telling me I can do a trial period working three days a week from home (though the caveat was added that it wouldn't be until IT have sorted out my broadband and given me an even yummier Mac to play with, so don't wait up).

5: The Mirror.
(See something good about yourself and name it).
I am a fucking good guitar player (big-headed, too).

6: The Make-Believe:
(Name something you wish for).
A nice painless death … and a croissant, please.

So there you go; Kate's Monday Melee on a Tuesday.
Go for it!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew you'd come up with great answers. I'm like that kid in the south park movie (watched it for work purposes only I promise)who "really needs to be more political and stuff but just ends up regurgitating."

dive said...

Hee hee … "work purposes only" …

Talking of South Park, Peahen came up with the funniest cartoon I've ever seen after watching that.
It was a picture of Stan, Kyle and Cartman standing on a little grassy knoll, shouting "Oh, my God! They've Killed Kennedy!"
If I remember rightly, I shat myself laughing.

dive said...

You know … I've learned something today …

Anonymous said...

Are you going to enlighten us or keep that knowledge to yourself?

Scout said...

"sexual congress"...very good term. hee hee

I'll see what I can do with this assignment (Oh, beautiful, for spacious skies, for amber waves of grain...)

Sassy Sundry said...

Those are great answers. I've done one tag already, and I will do this soon.

dive said...

"America The Beautiful"???
Yikes, Robyn!
Well, I suppose it is, physically …

And Kate; what I learned was, that at the end of every episode, Stan says "You know … I've learned something today …"

Sassy: I can't wait.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Will put the quizzette on my Things UK blog.
Love the Kenny gag. Too funny.

Anonymous said...

Cool on #4. Bravo on #5, ok, on #6-if thats all you wish for... thought it might have been to fix #3, but hey that's just me! Keeping my mouth shut on #2 and why?? on #1. If you have already posted about the reasons on #1 let me know and I will go looking. I will try to do this little quizeette too if I get a minute.

dive said...

Don't get me started on number one, Prudence (my long term blog-sufferers are already flinching).
I'm feeling bad enough already with all the abuse I've been getting over at Sassy's (even from ROBYN!) … Hee hee.

fracas said...

Hello there! I see you've done The Monday Melee and I'm so excited I'm trying not to create any of those "soiled knickers" that people keep ending up at my blog searching for. ;-)

So I know you saw the Melee at Kate's, but I had intended to keep a Monday Melee participant list of links at the original Monday Melee page at Fracas so we could check each others' out. The idea behind it is that rather than being a meme, it's something folks can use regularly to kick-start their blogging efforts on those dreary Monday mornings. (And hey.. you get an extra link out of it too.)

So... do you mind if I add your Monday Melee post to the list over at my blog? The page is here:

http://fracas.wordpress.com/read/the-monday-melee/

Thanks! I should've probably been clearer when I posted my own first Melee. I was just too darn excited.

So you're a fucking good guitar player? Excellent. And you also use the right language for me. ;-)

dive said...

Hi there, Fracas and welcome.
I'd be honoured if you would add me to the Monday Melee list. Thank you.
Your Melee has already been taken up by a bunch of the strange folk who haunt my blog.
Plenty of guitar and ranty fucking language to be found around here (try my "labels" in the sidebar if you have a rainy lunchtime).

While you're there (if you go to "Work" or "London") you'll discover that I love mondays - freak that I am. Melee participation will be an added bonus to my favourite day.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Actually i did think of that, Old K, as i typed it. lol. Wrongly i thought "nah, no-one'll pick up on Old K's fond little name for his ..."

Sassy Sundry said...

I didn't abuse you. I just laughed *with* you. Well, OK, at you, but just a tiny bit. Hee hee.

Do hold on to your hat when you read my answers.

Ame said...

*She stretches and yawns a big one...yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn... and says with a smile...*

Mornin' Divey Boy! Guessin' you're reading this from your office there in sexy architect world! ;)

I'm adjusting my internal clock to UK time...just got up a few hours ago (would have been 7AM YOUR time...perfect, right?) LOL!

Soooooooooooooooo, what's the plan for today?

And more importantly, has it turned Springlike there now? Can I think about maybe showing a little skin when I'm out and about London style? Like my FACE maybe?

;) Come on....grace us with your PRESENCE...going thru DBWD! x

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

What does your family think of your early morph into UK time? You must be living an upside down life at the moment, Ame! You've still some days to go before you get here. I'm concerned.
It's not yet Springlike not where i am anyway. You may be able to remove one of your outer ski garments when you arrive, see how it goes.

dive said...

Sassy: the sound of a woman's mocking laughter has been the soundtrack to my life … I'm used to it.

Ame and Lynn: see today's post for a London weather update.