Sunday, January 21, 2007

Knudsen Baiting

I was going to give in to Old Knudsen and do a post on weemen, guns and beer (all three of which have had pieces of my life all their own), but buggrit! I'm going to do an even gayer post than yesterday's.

And what could be gayer than Tiffany Lamps?

This one's in my bedroom (one for the laydees), on top of my sexy sock drawers.

And this one's downstairs beside the fireplace. Peahen made both of them (she's just so talented).
Apologies to Mister Knudsen for totally demolishing his faith in machismo (hee hee).
Will tomorrow see an even greater amount of boobs, weaponry and alcohol on his blog as he tries to save mankind from girliness?
One can only hope.

36 comments:

Sassy Sundry said...

He might make a special trip to hurt you for that one...

Beautiful lamps! Peahen really is a talented one.

Dear Prudy and I know someone who used to work on restoring actual Tiffanies (Tiffanys?). I liked hearing her stories about it (though sometimes they did get a bit long).

dive said...

Cool.
Peahen does that, too. She had a lovely Tiffany glass letter rack in for repair a little while back.
She's quite an authority on him, doing magazine articles, book reviews, etc.
Check out her glass site (http://shielasglass.co.uk/) for lots more.
You weemen are just sooo crafty.

As for Mister K; I think the machismo is all about compensating for the fact that Scotsmen wear skirts (hee hee).

I don't know who'll crack first; me going all macho or him showing his feminine side, but it'll be fun finding out.

Ame said...

Ooooooooooooooo...one of my faves Divey Boy! I LOVE stained glass lamps.

Oooops, in all my excitement I neglected to say Good Morning! GMDB! =) I had to run the hubs to the airport so I'm up a little earlier than usual--cool, more blog time! ;)

Anyway, as I was saying, I have 2 small "candlestick" style desk lamps (tall with a shade that's only about 7 inches across) flanking my computer here--they have dragonflies in the design--love dragonflies! And another "wisteria" (blues, lavenders, whites & greens) design table lamp lives over on the tv cabinet. I turn them on RELIGIOUSLY (probably the only religion in my life at the moment) because they're just too beautiful NOT to!

AND, to top it off, I actually love to MAKE pieces. I've only done three but they turned out quite nicely and my fave (flower vine design in purples & greens) sits in my hallway window--I'll post pics!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...and would you belive down in Indonesia, where my hubs is from, a lot of the construction (during the war) incorporated stained glass doors and windows...and now they're doing renovations and just tossing (sorry for that word) TOSSING these gorgeous pieces of art (that took HOURS upon hours to make--they're collector's items really) on a junk heap!

Just weakens my little heart, it does!

Off for some tea my dear...we want to see inside that sock drawer of yours next! OH, and please tell Peahen she does stunning work! Working in 3-D isn't easy!

TA! ;)

PS: Knuddie needs a little culture in his life! ;)

dive said...

Morning Ame.

I hate is when stained glass gets binned. I know just how much work goes into it.

Here:
(http://cakesandal.blogspot.com/
2007/01/pleasure_04.html)
is one of Peahen's butterfly lamps she made for my Mum.
(I put it on two lines as Blogger often cuts the ends off links if I put them on a single line).
Do check out her site. She's frighteningly good.

Ame said...

HEY! When I hopped over to your Mum's site, after she commented on my blog and left me your part of the family inheritance, I SAW THAT LAMP! And it's exACTLY like the dragonfly design on MY lamps!

And I was gonna say sumpthin but just let it slip away...oooooooooo!

We're psychic! And you're right again, awesome work!

Soooooooo what's for dinner?

dive said...

Dinner? DINNER?
You've only just got up!
And it's only 3:45 in the afternoon here and I'm sitting watching the sun set with a nice cup of green tea.
Mmmm …

Ame said...

You're right Divey Boy...I just watched that very same sun come UP...isn't that amazing? That we can have our eyes on the same exACT heavenly body at the same TIME?

And I'm enjoying my Earl Gray and you're enjoying your Green! With sugar? Or sans...

I started doing the moo & sugar with my tea several years ago, after my soon-to-be-ex-sister-in-law-who's-
from-OZ taught me, but my hubs informed me that the British do NOT put M&S in their Earl GRAY! Heaven forbid NOOOOOOOOOO! Only LEMON!

Please tell me he's wrong! I hate to lose an argument! ;)

Utsav said...

Oh well no, not these for me. Waay too girly. I mean, they're pretty alright, even I can't deny that, but I'd never have them hang around my bedroom. I'll take the "weemen and guns", thank you.
:D

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

I fear Utsav's right, Dive. They are a little ghey as Old K would say. Besides which, i really don't like Tiffany. It's an ugh from me, sorry. x the kiss is to lighten my negativity.

Old Knudsen said...

Who is this Tiffany bird? does she have big knockers?

Did an American just tell me I needed culture? I have culture, growing on a 4 week loaf of bread.

You win, I'm doing a post featuring my favourite Royal Doulton figurines and my favourite people's friend article.

dive said...

Hi,Ame.
It's about the only good thing about the time difference, that sunset here is sunrise where you are.
And only a chav would put sugar in tea of any kind, let alone lovely Shizuoka sencha.
As for Earl Grey, no milk, no sugar, no lemon. It's TEA, for goodness sake! Water and tea. That's it.

Utsav and Lynn. Fair enough. All the more Tiff for me.

Ah, Mister Bond … er … sorry, Mr. … . We've been expecting you …
Tiffany had manboobs.
Oh, fuck! Not Royal Doulton! Please!
More guns, gurls and booze, please.

Scout said...

The lamps are beautiful! I have been to Peahen's site and am amazed at her talent.

I did get quite a chuckle from Old Knudson's post this morning because I assumed it was in response to your recent subjects. He's getting nervous. Can't wait to see the Royal Dalton.

dive said...

I don't think Sassy helped matters by telling him men who like spice racks are sexy (yeah, right).
I really hope he doesn't start buying lamps and drinking with his little finger raised.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

People's friend Old K! lol i recently had a short story refused by them, i believe only because i mentioned the D word once in it (divorce). What a wondrous rag to wrap our Royal Doulton in when we move house, Old K.

Old Knudsen said...

Lace doilies and scones rock!

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Don't they just. Here's your cocoa and slippers Old K oops sssh! your wee dram i meant!

dive said...

Now I'm really scared.
REPENT! REPENT, Old K!
Follow not the way of the ghey!

Concentrate … Think of nekkid gurls!

Ame said...

How bout lace panties and boner-shakers! hehehehehehe...sorry, couldn't hep mesef AGAIN! ;)

dive said...

Thinking of lace panties may well get Old K to shake his bone.

Anonymous said...

...and not a speck of dist anywhere either. It's not yer typical bechelor pad, is it?

Old Knudsen said...

I have posted my spice rack now lets all paint our nails.

Anonymous said...

That's dust and bachelor.

(Can spell, can't fucking type)

Sassy Sundry said...

Sorry for getting you in trouble, Dive....

Ame said...

Divey...where ARE you? We miss you! =( xo

Anonymous said...

I have check out Peahens site a couple of times too!. She is very talented. Yes, Sassy and I don know someone who did beautiful restorations. She is still as long winded on any subject as always!But creative, she is!

Anonymous said...

Is Knudsen Baiting like "Chumming"?

dive said...

Hi, Ame. I've been stuck in a conference all day, but I've managed to escape, so now I'm going to catch up on my blogpals' nefarious activities.

And Prudence: It's more like "cottaging".

Ame said...

Or frottaging! ;)

dive said...

Oh, BEHAVE!

Anonymous said...

Cottaging Discreet acts of buggery performed in a toilet cubicle. Often anonymously.

Cottaging, the act of standing in a plastic bag whilst acts of buggery are performed on you by another in a public convenience cubicle.

You French sure do have a colorful language!

dive said...

Really?
I thought it meant looking at cottages …

Ame said...

No, I think it definitely has something to do with CHEEEEEEEEEZE!

Anonymous said...

Sure Dive, sure!

Dick Headley said...

Knudsen baiting isn't as easy as it used to be dive. He's starting to get the hang of blogging now.

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

I'm always chiming in late but as they say "you're not late until you get there"

Your place looks very clean and organized. Hey, how can a get me one of those beautiful lamps?

dive said...

Hey there, Rich.
Pop over to Peahen's Glass site (link above, second comment down), then send her lots of money.
Easy as that.