Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Michael Jackson? Oh, Fuck

Sorry to cop out and post another stupid quiz, but I'm going to be out at Wimbledon shouting at builders for most of today, so I've no time to think of anything postable:


In 1958 (the year you were born)

Dwight Eisenhower is president of the US

The first US earth satellite, Explorer I, goes into orbit

Rocker Jerry Lee Lewis marries his 13 year old second cousin, Myra Brown

The "Quiz Show Scandals" rock the television industry and the nation

Vice President Richard Nixon faces hostile anti-American mobs during a visit to South America

14 year old Bobby Fischer wins the United States Chess Championship

Ellen DeGeneres, Michael Jackson, Ice-T, and Mark Cuban are born

New York Yankees win the World Series

Baltimore Colts win the NFL championship

Montreal Canadiens win the Stanley Cup

Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote is published

Elvis Presley enters the U.S. Army
What Happened the Year You Were Born?


Michael Jackson?
Ice T??
I don't know who Mark Cuban is, but Madonna was also born that year.

All in all a pretty bad year for the planet, then …

Yaay for Truman Capote, anyhoo. I love Breakfast at Tiffany's, and Philip Seymour Hoffman rocked as Capote last year.

8 comments:

Old Knudsen said...

I guess nothing happened elsewhere back then, it was the year of the last legal female circumcision in the united States, men are still getting the wrong end of the deal.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

I'll pass on this one. What's Dive short for, i've been meaning to ask? How did the name come about.

Anonymous said...

Grrrr I clicked on your link and hours later I was still discovering some pretty weird stuff about me. According to the computer I was an indian chief who lived in germany and was buried alive possibly because of latent sociopathic tendancies and the factthat I couldn't pass 8th grade spanish. I died wearing my lucky blue underwear that I obviously got from my marriage to a cancerian.

Sassy Sundry said...

1973 was an eventful year.

Ha ha. You and Ice-T.

Ame said...

Ahem, excuse me Lynn dear...should you ever really ask a man a question with the word "short" in it? Just curious...

Now if you're asking if he'd like to sample some of your Jaffa shortbread, shortcake, cookie...whatever that thingummy O-K was talking about...then it's perfectly acceptable!

Carry on! Dive did you really say "Fuck" in your title? I'm SHOCKED! Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

dive said...

Afternoon, Old K. Those surveys ARE a bit Yank-centric, aren't they?

Lynn: Dive's not short for anything. It's an old joke which has nothing to do with my name. And yes, you may ask …

Hi, Kate. They're bloody addictive. We kinda banned them from our blogs a while back, but when the old inspiration disappears, they're a handy fallback.

Thank you, Sassy, for reminding me how annoyingly young you are.

The answer is "yes", Ame, though only after she's washed my mouth out with soap.

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

I was born that year as well. I don't mind that Madonna and I share the same year of birth but the others I don't know about.

Hi Madonna!!! "just in case she's reading this"

dive said...

A Mrs. Richie of London wishes me to pass on her regards to you, Rich.