Monday, January 22, 2007

Merde! Je Suis Français!

Got this from Vic's splendid site:


Your Inner European is French!

Smart and sophisticated.
You have the best of everything - at least, *you* think so.

I know I've been feeling a bit arty and farty and smart and sophisticated just lately, but I'd put it down to the relative stupidity of the rest of the planet.

Mind you, when I come to think about it, I drink sooo much coffee and eat loads of garlic and swear a lot and drive a tiny shiny black zoomy car and I hate America (blogpals and Mr. Obama excepted).
Ergo, I must be French.

Merde!

Exits with a Gallic shrug of the shoulders …

20 comments:

Ame said...

Glad ya qualified that statement DB! And for the record, my Inner gal is DUTCH! Because...I'm Open minded and tolerant...and up for just about anything.

Geeeez, could have told ya THAT!

Oooooooooooo, what kind of zippy car Dive! Does it start with a "P?"
;)

dive said...

No. It's a tiny, yet cool little city car, because I'm lefty and there's only one of me.

I don't drive a Porsche because I have an adequate penis (though there's a company over here that does replica early sixties Porsche Spiders, like James Dean's, and I'm VERY, VERY tempted).

Anonymous said...

I to am French. Sacre Bleu! A company that does replicas of penises? (peni)or you want a replicat of James Dean and his penis was named Spider? I am so confursed now that I am French!

Anonymous said...

It would appear that the French also have poor grammar!

dive said...

Hee hee, Prudence, dear.

Scout said...

Hey, me too. I'm surprised, though. I thought I would have been labeled as something a little more stodgy.

dive said...

With THOSE glasses, Robyn?
Miss Sophisticated of Paris!

Ame said...

Or DODGY Robyn! LOL! Hey Dive, I saw one of those replication kits recently...we won't mention where! ;)

Ame said...

And HEY! I'm a LEFTY TOO! And how did you know I wasn't talking about a Peugeot? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? OK, guess my half-Germanness gave it away! Irish half doesn't factor into "wheel" discussions...

dive said...

Now I'm all confused again, Ame …

Are we talking Marxist, like Old Dive, or "sinister", like Ned Flanders?

Old Knudsen said...

Cheese eating surrender monkey huh? I didn't think you were very English.

I have worked in France, won't do that again.

dive said...

Mmm … Cheese …
Mmm … Surrender …
Mmm … Monkeys …

Hey! I thought the Frogs were your auld allies against us Sassenach Shite, Monsieur K?

Ame said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...I think we're talking about my drive......ing Dive...of an automobile...you know, the "P" kind...and Knuddie...Cheese and a monkey together are the BEST! Toss in a little grape juice and you have yourself a weekend!

Ame said...

And just what the "EFF" are we all talking about here...and WHERE'S MY PARTNER in CRIME!! LYNN!!! COME UP FOR AAAAAAAAAAAIRRRRRRRRRRRRRR GF!

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

lol.... phew .... here i am Ame, here to keep you company in french. I love all things french. Well, nearly all things. Pop over to Paris Daily Photo (linked on my blog) then Dive, and you'll be shrugging some more, adjusting your beret and trading your little black car (is it a smart?) for a bicycle before you know it.

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

i think you can tell by my blog page just what the hell I am.

Anonymous said...

I'd have to say French, only because I've just discovered foie gras.
Can a person overdose on that stuff?

Apart from that ummm, polish maybe, theres something so appealing about sitting around in a pinny eating salami and cheese all day and looking out your farm house window.

Definately not Italian, love the language but couldn't cope with all of the pasta and tomatoes.

Actually I've just seen the movie Hostel, so my thoughts on europe have changed.

GG said...

yay, i knew it:

Your Inner European is Italian
Passionate and colorful.
You show the world what culture really is.

sit back and learn from the best, kiddies.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Great new photo, Rich!

Sassy Sundry said...

Me too.