Monday, December 11, 2006

You Do WHAT For A Living?

More silliness from the BBC News website:

Utsav and Sohil better not read this one (although I suspect that they are in the proportion of men who don't have such shortcomings … and besides; Utsav's from Bhutan, where they probably have the opposite problem) …

"Condoms 'too big' for Indian men
By Damian Grammaticus
BBC News, Delhi

A survey of more than 1,000 men in India has concluded that condoms made according to international sizes are too large for a majority of Indian men.
The study found that more than half of the men measured had penises that were shorter than international standards for condoms.
It has led to a call for condoms of mixed sizes to be made more widely available in India.
The two-year study was carried out by the Indian Council of Medical Research.
Over 1,200 volunteers from the length and breadth of the country had their penises measured precisely, down to the last millimetre.
The scientists even checked their sample was representative of India as a whole in terms of class, religion and urban and rural dwellers.
The conclusion of all this scientific endeavour is that about 60% of Indian men have penises which are between three and five centimetres shorter than international standards used in condom manufacture."
It goes on a fair bit longer (groan), but much in the same vein (sorry).

The bit that got me was the sentence: "Over 1,200 volunteers from the length and the breadth (hee hee) of the country had their penises measured precisely, down to the last millimetre."
Down to the last MILLIMETRE?

"So, you want to date my daughter. What do you do for a living?"

"Oh, I measure mens' erect penises, down to the last millimetre."

I am at a loss for words, so I'll pass this one over to Mister Shakespeare:

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Indeed there are …


And this is one of them …
Somebody in Mauritius has accessed my blog by searching for "Men At Play Nude".
I've had a lot of this since posting about Spongebob Squarepants with the title "Naked Starfish Buttocks" … The "starfish" aspect never really struck me until now …
I shall endeavour to be more careful with my titles from now on.

In the meantime, I'm sorry to disappoint you, frisky Mauritius person. Perhaps I might end up taking that kind of photo of myself on National Drunk Blogging Day, but not today.

15 comments:

Scout said...

"...than are dreamt of." That job would have never occurred to me. But I wonder, it might not be as bad as being a deoderant tester. Snicker.

dive said...

EWW!
Hee hee.

Sassy Sundry said...

Hee hee hee.

I can't believe any men admitted to that at all.

Thanks for the laugh.

Utsav said...

Aah.. Damn it, the news got out of the country!! The papers here have been full of it, and the city supplements even have articles about how it would be difficult to sell smaller sized condoms because no man would want to be spotted buying one!

And a different angle to the story-
"Honey, I'm home!"
"What took you so long?"
"I was getting my penis measured by this guy at work."
"Good, now you better start tying your condoms up so they don't slip off. How many millimeters off did he say you were?"

Though I don't claim to have accurate size-related statistics (I wouldn't even if I had them!), people in Bhutan seem to exhibit a slightly different problem- keeping it in their pants. Maybe it has something to do with the cold. LOL..

Sohil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sohil said...

And they had to call a press conference to announce this thing to the world as well...like the famous nuke deal. can't they jus keep such things within the boundries of the country?...LoL.

And yet, check out the population of the country.... :)

Utsav said...

No, Sohil, not "yet". "Because" is the word!

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

LOL!
Reminds me of a time i was in the supermarket with my ex boyfriend - a bit of a joker himself, we had a running contest at pranking each other on the go - anyway we were getting bread, ham, eggs, etc and i thought we probably needed more condoms.
"Are we out of them?" i asked him.
"Not sure," he said absent-mindedly, "just get a few, just in case," said he.
Off i trotted while he perused the finer cuts of ham.
Looking carefully among the packets of careful fun, i called out, rather too loudly along to the top of aisle where he was, and yes, i was even holding a large packet up in display,
"Darling, they don't have any SMALL ones! Shall i get these instead?"
Curious, smirky looks all round from fruit, cakes and wine departments....
Luckily he forgave me and we could hardly pay at the checkout for laughing. My prank remained unbeaten for some while.....Ohh...i'm still chuckling now.. can actually see his face, his ham firmly in his hand... lol ! he he....

Utsav said...

"can actually see his face, his ham firmly in his hand"

Thank heavens for good imagination!! LOL

dive said...

Hee hee to the max.

You lot are incorrigible.
Very, very funny. Thanks for cheering me up after a shitty journey home.

Old Knudsen said...

Blogjinx! just before I clicked here I commented on this willy subject at Sanctum Sanitor um at Maven's blog, yes the comments are detailed, yanks always give out uncomfortable details, I love it, anyway I don't believe the hype/news story.

dive said...

I think the funniest thing of all is Utsav's brilliant reaction: "Damn it, the news got out of the country!"
That just creased me up.

Utsav said...

Hehe..
No but seriously, this is sensitive information- it should be classified by the CBI. National security could be at stake here. I mean, what if the Brazilians decided to attack? Or the French?

Dick Headley said...

It's not surprising to see somebody in Mauritius looking for naked starfish buttocks. It's an island economy very dependent on marine life.

Ame said...

Did someone say "yank?" ;-)