Sunday, December 24, 2006

Lunch With Knudsen


The old bugger just made me hungry with his mouthwatering post about giant squid.
And as there's no sushi bar in my stupid village, all I've got is this tin of くじら (that's kujira for those of you too cheap to get a decent computer that shows kana) that Jun brought back from Tokyo.
Vegetarians and panty-waists start screaming now. Sorry, but it's delicious … Mmmm …

So, here's to lunch with Knudsen.
Sing along now: Whalemeat again, don't know where, don't know when, but I … etc.

15 comments:

Scout said...

I was about to comment about not being afraid to eat unusual things, but I was afraid of Old K or Freud or both. Enjoy.

dive said...

To tell you the truth, Robyn, that's just an empty tin I keep in the cupboard to frighten my lefty pals at dinner (although I WAS the one who emptied it … yum).
Hee hee.
Today's lunch was actually tagliatelle with a big bag of locally picked wild mushrooms Phil gave me.
Double yum.

Sassy Sundry said...

Taglatelle and mushrooms is delicious (and much better than icky squid).

Sassy Sundry said...

And of course, I couldn't spell tagliatelle. Sorry.

dive said...

As long as you can eat it without dribbling it down your chin, then that's okay.

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

Maybe you should swagger down to the Krusty Krab for a Krabby patty!!

dive said...

We don't have those here, Rich, but a short drive up the coast is Cromer, home of the finest and yummiest crabs in Europe (and pretty good oysters, too).
Now I'm hungry again … Doh!

Scout said...

I am laughing so hard at the Krusty Krab reference and Dive's saying he doesn't have one there...turn on the TV once in a while, Dive. Very funny. I love the Krusty Krab. "who lives in a pineapple under the sea?"

Old Knudsen said...

I am a little disappointed that none of the liberal types have mentioned saving the whales, ah well kill all the tasty buggers, and the little seals too.

empty tin indeed,thats something I would do, you're an evil man Mr Dive.

dog walk the table manners.

dive said...

And to you, Old Mate.

I'm one of the liberal types, so I'd better say "Save the Whales".
(so I can eat the buggers).

I'm still completely lost on Krusty Krab though …

Scout said...

I will demean myself in your eyes, Dive, but here it is: the Krusty Krab is the restaurant where Sponge Bob Square Pants works, and all of his friends eat there. I'm pretty sure it's the only restaurant in Bikini Bottom.

dive said...

Hee hee. Thank you Robyn.
I can sleep soundly now that I'm no longer tormented by my ignorance (and by the way, Nice one, Rich) …
I'm now off to bed with the last part of A Christmas Carol.

Have a safe trip down to Georgia and a really lovely Christmas.
I'll say Hi to mum for you tomorrow.

Scout said...

Yes, Merry Christmas to Mum. The flight to Atlanta is a short one, but the trauma of getting through the airport is stressful. I'll be glad when I am safely singing in the kitchen with the sisters and enjoying a serving of my mother's cornbread dressing.

Old Knudsen said...

I am lost in the land of the pigeon hole, a right wing Liberal . Thanks for posting about yer moby dick, I thought I was the only one afflicted.

Sassy Sundry said...

Too easy a target, Knudsen.