Sunday, December 03, 2006

Party Like It's £19.99

Some ugly, sweaty, fat, balding fucker, partying for the Revolution.
The woman dressed like an Australian's nightmare is Jann. I won't use male sax players any more as they get all the girls. Bastards …

9 comments:

Sassy Sundry said...

Sweet photo.Looks like fun.

dive said...

It's always fun.
Today though, my head hates me …

Scout said...

Your description of yourself is inaccurate. I have a good friend--when I say "how are you," he says "fat, bald, and aging." You are both wrong, although he could stand to lose a few.

dive said...

Thanks, Robyn. I'm always fishing for compliments; it's nice to catch one from time to time.
But when I hit the bathroom at 4:40 every morning and catch sight of the monster in the mirror it can get pretty tough.
My six pack has congealed into an amorphous blob, my forehead is starting to rise and my face is turning into my dad's …
Just getting old, I suppose.

peahen said...

I looked at the photo and heading before reading the text, and thought "Oh my God, Dive's got a gig with Boy George's band", and I thought the fat and balding title referred to BG. Apologies to Jan, 'cos I know she's really nice, but her face is obscured in the photo.

Great to see you've taken the plunge and posted a better photo of yourself - I've told the world more than once before that you put yourself down way too much - maybe now they'll start to believe me.

dive said...

No, no … What you meant was I pull myself OFF too much …

Utsav said...

That's a PRS you're playing- cool.. Love the Les Paul you're cradling in the profile pic- my dream is to own one someday.

dive said...

Yeah, they're my babies.
The old Les Paul I've had since 1969.
The PRS is a custom order one with Brazilian mahogany body, big-leaf maple top and Brazilian rosewood neck. I had to wait six months while they made it but it was worth every penny.
I have way too many guitars, but those two are my favourites.

Utsav said...

Dive, one can never have too many guitars!
I can see why those are your favourites- a vintage LP and a custom made PRS- wow! The latter probably cost a fortune too.
I'm so jealous- if it was possible you'd see my picture go all green right now. Dear Lord, forgive me, for I have coveted my neighbour's property.