Well, that's over for another year.
I'm back in my clean, un-festively-decorated, treeless (and needle-less), normal, non-Chrismassy house with healthy, non-processed food in the kitchen, a pile of books, some old movies on DVD, a comfy old sofa and nothing else to do.
I've just been for a walk and the whole village seems to be sleeping off the binge-eating pig-fest of yesterday. It's dead quiet. Wonderful.
The phone's on mute. The world can go fish. I'm recharging my batteries.
Mmmmm …
9 comments:
Enjoy your regeneration. It's very nice of your mother to send me a Christmas greeting!
Today, my sisters and I are going to take our kids shopping because they all got a gift card for Christmas. Then we'll play cards this afternoon and go out for dinner somewhere. Should be nice and calm.
Enjoy your calm solitude Dive...wish I had some around here...such is life with 5 males...unheard of! See now why I'm such good friends with Mr. iPod and Mr. computer? Can we all spell E-S-C-A-P-E together? ;-)
Sounds great. I just got back to my decidedly less festive home myself.
I'm pretty much doing the same thing as you are. Enjoy!
You'll be complaining about the lack of valentine cards soon enough that will be the next thing hahahahaha don't worry lad I'll send you one.
Aah. That's better.
Batteries recharged. Peace and quiet.
Yummy.
Glad you're all enjoying that lovely post-Christmas exhalation; that long sigh as you learn to relax again (other than poor Ame, but that's what the virtual world is there for, escape) …
Hi there, Old K.
You're as bad as our shops (currently stocking up with easter eggs). Valentine's day? Ew.
The last valentine's card i received was from a girl named Jackie at college. I'm now forty-eight, so I'm kinda used to not getting them.
I wear all black on Valentine's Day and say "Happy Tacky Hallmark Holiday" to everyone sporting red. I do this even if I have a boyfriend.
Admirable behaviour, young Sassy.
So you've packed away that huge xmas tree festooned with flashing lights, thrown the cards, binned the wrapping then and pulled the crackers in your sitting room? Go on tell me just once more how you didn't have any of all that? lol.
None of it, Lynn. Not a sausage.
The post Christmas clean up is so easy if you have nothing to clean up.
Post a Comment