Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Not Bloody London Again

Message for Ame:
The sun has got his hat on
Hip hip hip hooray!
The sun has got his hat on
And he's coming out to play.

These were taken on my way in to work this morning, Ame. I'm keeping all my crossable bits crossed that you get this weather next week, too.

Old Father Thames says "Hi"
(Click on the pics to give Dive a stiffy)

Big Bennie says "BONG!"

Boudicca says "This is the only way to visit London, Ame … Charge in on your chariot and burn the city to the ground"

Er … Well, our Norfolk girls have that kind of reputation. Boudicca lived just down the road from my village and things haven't changed much in two thousand years.

Westminster Abbey says "Groan … Not more fucking tourists."

'Fraid so … But hey! It's Ame and her hub, so be on your best behaviour (because SHE certainly won't be)!

So there you go. Happy London. Happy Dive.
Especially happy because no sooner had I finished my latte and croissant than Spring came round laden with dumplings and egg rolls and other yummy goodies. It's the Year of the Boar on Saturday and as she'll be out of the office for the rest of the week she brought round the goodies early.
Yum!

So 祝 大 家 新 年 快 乐 for Saturday!(Especially to the lovely Mister Dick Headley for his advice on Mandarin).

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

My God your up and blogging early today Dive. Its only 9pm at night over here, you usually don't appear until well after 10:30pm.

dive said...

I always check your blog at 4:40 AM GMT, Kate, though I don't have the time to do much commenting as I'm dashing around getting ready for work.
I posted this at half nine, in the office, so not really that early.

And you'll have to check whether there's a Best Aussie Blog award, like Knudsen's Scots and Irish ones.

Anonymous said...

Dive - 4:40am?????? OMG!
Technically thats still jarmie time. We so have to get you working from home.
There seem to be best aussie blog awards but the people who run it seem terminally incompetant.
We have mass tall poppy syndrome over here anyway. I think i'd prefer to stay smarter than your average weed.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Gorgeous London pics again, Dive. Sunny here too, let's hope it remains.

dive said...

Smarter than your average weed.
Love it, Kate!

And yup; 4:40 every morning I stagger through to the studio to check my bank and emails and blogs while the kettle boils.

And Lynn; I hope the lovely sunshine works wonders on your horrid flu bug. Get well soonest.

Scout said...

Well, I clicked on all the pictures but...gosh

It is lovely to see greenery. Here, everything is white, and we're expecting another 5 to 8 inches. Send all the springy looking photos you can snap. Is there really someone in your office named Spring?

dive said...

ROBYN!!!
You clicked on all the pictures and now you're expecting another five to eight inches?
Mister Knudsen's head will explode when he reads that!

Yes, Spring has arrived here. Spring Zhu is our China Liaison Officer. We've just opened schools in Beijing and Shanghai and we have several Chinese folk wandering the corridors, hence the interest in Mandarin lessons (and all the yummy goodies for Chinese New Year).

Scout said...

SNOW!! 5 go 8 inches of SNOW!!!

dive said...

I'm sure that was what I meant (hee hee).

GG said...

beautiful pics, boss! like robyn, i clicked although i wasn't expecting 5-8.
anyhoo ... so you've just opened schools in china? have you been? i am dying to go to shanghai. just as well it's just across the river.

dive said...

Hee hee, GG.

I'm afraid it's only the CEO who gets to zoom off to China. They've done it the wrong way round and sent the Chinese over here instead. Rats!

GG said...

bugger. i'm sure it would be just your thing.
london today looks quite similar to tokyo. just gorgeous - best time of the year by far with blue skies, little smog/pollution (for tokyo) and sunny sunny days.

dive said...

So GET OUT THERE WITH A CAMERA!

I can't do shouty-boss very well, so I'll add a "pretty please".

GG said...

hehe, yeah, good one boss. i read the first line and laughed out loud.
i know, i'm totally shite. i've still got your photos here from the one bad day in winter when i went to the building you like. i'm kinda hoping i'll get my act together on another weekend coz weekdays are out. um... soon!

Anonymous said...

Great Pics, as always, Dive. Perhaps one day I will see those sites for myself.

While Robyn is expecting 5-8, here in the beautiful North East we are expecting 12-24 by midnight tomorrow. Finally, some real appreciative snow amounts. Hurray for studded snow tires!

dive said...

Now twelve to twenty-four inches I just cannot manage. You tall girls are sooo demanding!
Over to you, Mister Knudsen.

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

hey let's all take a field trip to London and visit dive heehhe

dive said...

Great idea, Rich!
You're all welcome. The more, the merrier.
I'll be taking the camera along to meet Ame next monday (hope the weather's good), so you can see the kind of thing you'd be letting yourself in for.

Scout said...

Prudence, you win. While one report said one inch today (and I'm talking snow here), with the rest overnight and tomorrow, I just heard 1 inch per hour (and I'm still talking snow here).

Anonymous said...

Well Dive, a tall girl is always worth the climb.. through the snow that is!

Robyn, they are saying in the height of the storm tomorrow it will be snowing about 2" an hour.

dive said...

You girls are getting me all of a fluster.
Once inch per hour; two inches per hour.
Slow is nice, but that's gonna cause cramp!

Sassy Sundry said...

Sigh... You see this every week. You lucky bum.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Ah thanks Dive, i'm hoping too!

Ame said...

LMAO! Just LOOK what I missed out on while I was snoozing! ;)

DIVEY BOY! You're making me CRYYYYYYYYYY! Awwwwwwwwww...these shots are just more of the same...TORTURING me with beautiful London photo ops until I set foot on (what kind of soil do I call it?) ;)

And yikes! You're bringing your camera? RICH! BEWARE! Don't trust your EYES! EVERYTHING you're gonna see will all have been staged! Really! Well, except for me massaging the cramps out of Dive's...well, hmmm, not sure WHAT gets crampy....but we can't let him suffer ya know?

Sniff! And MUM...she's sooooooo sweet...I want to meet her TOO DB! Bring her along...we can swap "raising the BEST boys on the planet" stories! ;)

London or BUST! Here we COME!

=)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

dive said...

Hi, Sassy.
Feeling better? I do hope so.

You too, Lynn.

Ah! Crazy Ame at last!
You can stop counting the days now and start counting the hours!
I can't wait.

Sassy Sundry said...

I am feeling better.

Not much to tell on the McIntriguing front. He's e-mailed again, and he's going to call. He had best call tonight, or I will be a smidge upset.

dive said...

Yes, it's Hallmark Shareholder Glee Day tomorrow, so he'd better make contact.
Glad to hear you're on the mend.

Ame said...

Be more that a smidge Sassy! More than a smidge...that won't get his attention! LOL! ;) Happy VD EARLY to y'all! =) xo

Ame said...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..why can't I SPELL..I know...must be the grapejuice...that's it....sigh~ THAN THAN THAN THAN THANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! ;)

peahen said...

someone told me today that the London Eye has a red nose on each pod - is that right?

dive said...

'Fraid so, Pea.
And it's lit up red at night.