Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Baps And Peepees Part 2

Ah, messing about on the river. So anyway, Ame and Bear had these tickets for a Thames trip so off we went.

Man, that girl is quick on the draw with a camera. Whether you're a bright pink taxi, a horse's ass, some poo or Old Dive, Ame never misses.

Th Houses of Parliament get the Ame treatment. Notice the refined way she crooks her little finger. Practicing for tea with the Queen.

Hey, it's a rubbish barge with some old tatty building behind it.
"Never mind the Tower of London, what's this word 'bap' all about? I mean is it some kind of bread product? What's the story?"
What can I say? Baps is boobs. Ame is delighted!
Baps also becomes the word of the day. There are an awful lot of opportunities in London for Ame to shout "Baps!" and she finds most of 'em.

I just love that people go all the way to Lake Havasu City to see this and it's actually still here.
Hee hee hee …

And Ame and Bear have now been over it and under it.

Red Ken's Great Glass Testicle (The London Mayor's City Hall if anyone was wondering).

The joy of jaywalking! I love this picture. I'd been teaching Ame and Bear how to risk death by running out into heavy traffic. I don't think the schoolteacher behind them was amused.

Olive of India! "Hey, Who's that? Olive? Does that say Olive?"
It does indeed, Ame. Clive of India's stonemason must have hated him. Though you may have to click on this one to see it clearly.
And doesn't Ame look so sweet? Hee hee …

Hokay … We've learned the joy of jaywalking, now Ame takes it to the max by standing stock still in the middle of the Mall with a "don't cross" signal to take a photo. She cannot see the stampede of buses and taxis bearing down on her from behind.
"We drive on the LEFT, Ame!"
Having just made it across the Mall alive, we head up to Piccadilly to the Japan Centre Restaurant for lunch (which Bear insists on paying for, bless him).
No photos of that here, but Ame took some so they may appear later (if popular demand dictates the posting of some pictures of food). Ame had California rolls (what else) Bear had assorted nigirizushi and Dive had tuna donburi, plus miso soup and green teas all round. Yummy and scrummy. And I learned lots and lots about Ame and Bear, none of which I am divulging to you lot. So there.

Having survived the sushi without being poisoned by Russians with radioactive polonium 210, Ame tackles a London telephone box.
"So what do the instructions say?"
"Says here: For a good time call Tracy … Genuine blonde."
"Sounds good. Let's do it."

Admiralty Arch … "I WANT one! That would look GREAT in Santa Clara."

It's tourist time again, folks. Trafalgar Square.
Bear's trying not to be touristy. Indeed the two of us together could be just another couple of London businessmen on a long lunch …

… but we have Ame with us which kinda nixes that one. She's starting to live up to the Ame reputation now (hee hee).

"I wanna sit on the lion! … Hey, guys! Say CHEESE." If you can spot her, Ame is photographing you.

Mmmmm … cake …

And what goes great with cake? All together now: "Spam, spam, spam, spam …"
Yes, we all did lots of Python impressions, but this is England; it's expected.
On our way up Shaftesbury Avenue we somehow avoided spending all our money on books and guitars because we were heading for the British Museum to hunt for Baps and Peepees!
Tune in tomorrow for the start of that one …

20 comments:

Ame said...

OMG DB! You're the picture-posting guru!!!! Great job...I think I'm having more fun reading this than sight-seeing! Aaaaaaaaaaaaah, but I must...we're off to Bath! Report to follow later...and a few pix I hope!

Got the digital's snaps on 2 CDs yesterday so Bear downloaded them to his laptop, which means we can all (SOON) see the "mystery" tourguide!!!!

Muaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Cheers!
=)))))))))
xoxoxo

dive said...

Have a good time in the Bath, Ame. Don't get too wrinkly!

See you both on Friday! Yaay!

M.Benaut said...

What a ripsnorter old son, keep up the good work.
I'm exhausted!!! Thanks for the great coverage.

Scout said...

Yeah, London. No pictures of the half-price ticket booth? I spent so many hours in line there, I feel like a photo is in order.

Ame, I am so glad you're having a great time. You will post all of your pictures once back home, I assume.

GG said...

fantastic to see the tower of london again - one of my favourite places.
sounds like you had a hoot - good stuff.

dive said...

Thanks, guys; you're all welcome to come over whenever you want.

And Ame!
About Friday lunch:
Early lunch would be better to avoid the queues (and to make sure I get back to the office in good time).
What do you say to 11:45 at the Statue of Eros in Piccadilly Circus?

Anonymous said...

We have the big penis, you have its testicle.
Interesting.
Ame and Bear look like they're having a blast with you.
Great pics of the bridge. I thought it fell down and was shipped to america in pieces. Is this not true? I'm such a blonde sometimes aren't I.

dive said...

Nearly, Kate, only the truth is much funnier.
Some American guy came over here and paid millions for London Bridge, then had it dismantled and shipped over to the States, to Lake Havasu City, where he rebuilt it …
Only the bridge he actually wanted was Tower Bridge, not London bridge.
What he got was just a bog standard bridge (London Bridge is pretty unspectacular).
Everyone in the UK pointed and laughed at him.
Ha Ha!

Dick Headley said...

Still no sign of OK? You haven't done Piccadilly yet...he often hangs out round the gents.

Sassy Sundry said...

What a great day!

Ame, enjoy Baaaaaaaaaath.

BeeGee said...

Dive,
Thanks for keeping track of my little Sis and Bear on their UK adventure! Will you be my tour guide if I get across the pond?
Ame, things are fine at home!
:) Brenda

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

OK "Divey Boy" I'm bring the family over next week. Get ready!!

This post and all the photos are so fun. Entertaining as it gets

They are a cute couple.

Full said...

Shame on you Dive, I thought you of all people would know it's not a statue of Eros.
It was erected (ooh err misses) in 1892 to commemorate the work of Lord Shaftsbury, the Victorian philanthropist. (I didn't know he collected stamps).
The statue was designed by Sir Alfred Gilbert and represents Anteros who stood for reflective and mature love. Anteros was the younger brother of Eros. (younger bro's are pretty cool sometimes).
This statue was technologically groundbreaking as it was the first in the world to be cast in aluminium, (that's aluminum to our friends in the colonies).

The raddish is a form of meat,
That's another little known fact, or maybe I made that up.

dive said...

Yo, Bro.
I acknowledged the "Eros" thing is yesterday's comments so yaaah!

And Rich, you've gotta try the coffee at my little Brazilian deli.

Beegee! Hey, it's Ame's sister! Woohoo!
Welcome Beegee. While you're here, you can spill all the goods on Ame (hee hee).

Full said...

Curses....foiled again !!!
I'll get you Dive Dastardly.

That post wasn't there last time I looked.

I must admit you are a top tour guide though, it looks like you all had a fine time.
When are we going to do the Natural History Museum?

Unknown said...

Great shots....looks like you all had some fun.
Cheers

Ame said...

HEY!!!!!!!!

Finally back to my free cybercare here in Bristol...Bath was awesome...so was meeting sweet young James of Bath DP!

Sorry gang...you're gonna have to wait for the pix of THE most AWESOME
tourguide on the planet until we get back to CA...good things come to those who wait! LOL!!!!!!! ;)))

It's another date Divey Boy!!!

11:45 at the statue of Erection in PickADoozy it iSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

;)))
xo

Kisses to Mum too...she wrote me the sweeeeetest note! ;)

Carlos said...

Hi Dive,
Although you said Ame doesn't speak in uppercase, one think is for sure: she’s definitely very cool (glad she doesn't read this). How come the live coverage doesn’t include you? You must hand her the camera.

Have fun

dive said...

Cheers, Carlos.

And ame, that's a date.
You and Bear and Old Dive under the statue at 11:45.
See you there!

And Mum loves you!

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

Soooooo AAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMEEEEEE how was Baaaaaaaaaaaaath?????