Cicchetti, on Piccadilly, just for all of you who stuffed yourselves stupid yesterday and woke up in a house filled with leftovers today.
Happy Boxing Day Hangover, peeps.
Yikes, Ms.M! Two oysters and a glass of white wine for almost nine quid? I can get a dozen oysters fresh on the seafront and a whole bottle of much better wine for half that money. Piccadilly is a place for window shopping only. You choose what you want to buy (or eat) and then walk around the corner and get it at an affordable price.
Thanks for the education -- altho I see this is a gourmet shop, I'm a little "conversion-impaired" when it comes to British currency = US currency. So, upon further research, it looks like 2 oysters & a glass of wine would be equal to about $14.50 in US dollars -- which is indeed very expensive!
It's ludicrously expensive, Ms.M. I'm just back from breakfast and a haircut in the city and I've returned laden with a big bag of crayfish tails and a monstrous crab, which together cost me less than a fiver.
6 comments:
Looks like a cornucopia of gourmet treats.
I like the sign: Please Note! This is NOT a shop
What you see in the window we are serving inside!
Did you partake of any "servings" inside?
Yikes, Ms.M! Two oysters and a glass of white wine for almost nine quid? I can get a dozen oysters fresh on the seafront and a whole bottle of much better wine for half that money.
Piccadilly is a place for window shopping only. You choose what you want to buy (or eat) and then walk around the corner and get it at an affordable price.
Thanks for the education -- altho I see this is a gourmet shop, I'm a little "conversion-impaired" when it comes to British currency = US currency. So, upon further research, it looks like 2 oysters & a glass of wine would be equal to about $14.50 in US dollars -- which is indeed very expensive!
It's ludicrously expensive, Ms.M. I'm just back from breakfast and a haircut in the city and I've returned laden with a big bag of crayfish tails and a monstrous crab, which together cost me less than a fiver.
Mmmmmm, crab and crayfish tails! And at a good price! We're too inland for decent seafood. The best we can do is trout and salmon.
Good mountain fish, Ms.M.
I couldn't survive more than a few days withut fresh shellfish so I'll always have to live by the coast.
Post a Comment