Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sign Of The Times

The office Good News Spot has been somewhat grumpy since they cancelled our day trip to Paris because some whining idiots couldn't face getting up early and got worried about people wandering off and getting lost (not us - rumour points the finger at the London office staff).

Actually, it's not so bleak as it looks - it had an art exhibition poster pinned up last week and is currently waiting for a photo of Antje and Markus's new sprog. The office is a lot happier than the notice board suggests. But we'd be a whole lot happier if they'd not cancelled our trip to Paris, dammit.

12 comments:

Vanda said...

What kinda fool cancels a trip to Paris?? I pity him.

dive said...

Hahahahaha - Thank you for filling my morning with thoughts of Mister T, Vanda. If anyone from the London office calls me today I feel an impersonation coming on.

Alifan said...

Pity they cannot find something good to post on it!

Robyn Martins said...

Oh, how pathetic. Hurry up and fill the board with something, anything.

Speedway said...

Hmmm, put pictures of yourselves on the board because you all have jobs and a lot of other people do not; picture of a nice latte and croissants; picture of a tray of macarons; pictures of ugly, badly constructed buildings - good news because they were NOT built by you or your co-workers.

dive said...

Mum, it's got Antje and Markus' new baby on it today (and celebratory cakes in the kitchen).

Robyn, it's already sorted.

Speedway, a photo of latte and croissants is tempting, or even macarons. Dammit, now I'm hungry.

neetzy said...

Tag it Dive!

Ms M said...

Bummer about cancelling your Paris trip! I thought at first those were holes from darts, thrown at the cancellation notice posted on the board.
But nice that pics of a new baby are up now, and that you can have some cake -- who was it said: Let them eat cake? ;-).

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Whaaaat? Someone cancelled a trip to Paris? S/he should be drawn and quartered! Then, the group of you could scamper off to Paris.

Bises,
Genie

dive said...

Neetzy, I would never do anything so gauche. Hee hee.

Nice connection, Ms.M. Much as I'd like to guillotine the London office staff and run away to Paris, I don't think the rest of the office have sufficient revolutionary zeal.

I wish, Genie!

Petrea Burchard said...

A good WTF Monday shot.

Anyone who doesn't want to get up early to go to Paris is certifiably insane.

For some reason this reminds me of a kid named Jonathan Something in 7th or 8th grade who made the entire class late for the bus to Chicago on the day we went to the opera. His mother had told him to chew slowly and he was going to do it, dammit. He sat in the cafeteria chewing while the rest of us blew smoke out our ears and waited for him. I don't know why the teacher didn't drag him by his belt loops to the bus, but she didn't.

dive said...

Thank you, Petrea. I'm so glad you agree with me (and all the Norwich office staff). I used to get up at 4:40am every day and catch the 5:40 train to London so they've got no excuse. We'd have been in Paris by a little after ten, had until half-seven to enjoy ourselves and then been home by one. Idiots.

Hahahahaha for your Jonathan story. That has tarted my weekend with a nice wide grin.