Wish I'd seen it in progress! Still, they say try everything in life once except for incest and morris dancing. Norfolk hasn't changed a bit. Full of colourful characters.
Speaking of which, will you be about on Sat am? Might be around with Mum.
Lucio, your response (followed by a muttered "Oh, my giddy aunt!") was my own reaction the first time I saw this.
Robyn, it's an awfully long way when you're dancing round in circles.
I'll be in the Pret on Gentleman's Walk from around 8:45 until we've drunk way too many coffees, eaten a couple of breakfasts and the staff have got sick of us. After that I'll be somewhere around the city (unless it's raining in which case I'll head home late morning). I'd love to see you and your Mum to play catch-up.
Speedway, many people mock Morris, but I've always maintained it's a fool who ridicules a gang of drunken middle-aged men armed with cudgels and swords. The bells are there as a warning.
Will Kemp must have ingested some sort of stimulant(s) to "Morris dance" that distance in 9 days. So, will you become part of the Morris dancing tradition when you reach middle age? :)
10 comments:
Hahahahahahah!!!
Nine days?! Isn't that a three-hour train ride, so what, how many miles? Sheesh.
Wish I'd seen it in progress! Still, they say try everything in life once except for incest and morris dancing. Norfolk hasn't changed a bit. Full of colourful characters.
Speaking of which, will you be about on Sat am? Might be around with Mum.
Did he do this by himself wearing bells and twirling hankies or with someone he could hit sticks with?
I do see the origins of our line dancing and baton-twirling marching band majorettes here.
http://youtu.be/onmHQlqa6XY
Lucio, your response (followed by a muttered "Oh, my giddy aunt!") was my own reaction the first time I saw this.
Robyn, it's an awfully long way when you're dancing round in circles.
I'll be in the Pret on Gentleman's Walk from around 8:45 until we've drunk way too many coffees, eaten a couple of breakfasts and the staff have got sick of us. After that I'll be somewhere around the city (unless it's raining in which case I'll head home late morning). I'd love to see you and your Mum to play catch-up.
Speedway, many people mock Morris, but I've always maintained it's a fool who ridicules a gang of drunken middle-aged men armed with cudgels and swords.
The bells are there as a warning.
Will Kemp must have ingested some sort of stimulant(s) to "Morris dance" that distance in 9 days.
So, will you become part of the Morris dancing tradition when you reach middle age? :)
Ms.M. I could never drink enough beer to qualify as a Morris man.
It was probably an audition for Will Shakespeare. Surely WS was impressed.
I think it more likely the result of a bet with Shakespeare on a drunken night out in London, Petrea.
Of course. But either way, it's obvious WS was involved.
Post a Comment