Sunday, October 05, 2008

Woof

Having giggled at Rich's wonderful dog cartoon the other day, this morning my Daily Comics widget gave me this one.

Particularly apt for a Sunday.

21 comments:

Alifan said...

naughty!!! hope the back is better...

dive said...

Still painful but much better, thanks.

And don't call me naughty! You're the one who taught me to hide when the Godbotherers came knocking.
Hee hee.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

he he they'll have you hung, Alifan, children.

Glad to hear back is on mend. I was told to sit on a dining chair in the evening rather than an armchair, whilst it is bad.

dive said...

Kids are great at showing up their parents, Lynn. Hee hee.

And yes, I've been gazing longingly at the sofa all week but not daring to sink into it in case I can't get up again.
The hard chairs have been suffering my weight and will be mighty relieved when I am well enough to curl up in my big old reading chair again.

Alifan said...

Do not worry Lynn they should remember how many photo's I have of the little dears!!!!!!!!

dive said...

Oh, crap …

Alifan said...

Tee hee!!!!!!this rain here is getting on my nerves!!!!!!just got soaked trying to stop the water butts from overflowing!!!!

dive said...

Yup. It's preventing me from mowing the lawn and washing the car, curse it.
Hee hee.

Joy said...

Hahahaha! I love it!

MmeBenaut said...

Alifan - water butts???

Dive, I went for two nights without painkillers but relented tonight. Must be all the gardening.

Good news is that I drove my nephew home from hospital this afternoon. They've released him on condition that he call an ambulance immediately and come back if he gets another attack tonight. He apparently had an asthma attack again this morning but he was anxious to go home to feed his fish!! So, he can't drink, smoke or tackle the weed so there's hope for him yet! Before I know it, he'll be retrained and have a job. He has a tough time because of his poor back too (I posted about this before we went away) and needs some new skills.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Glad to hear nephew is home, Mme.

Feel very sorry for your back, Dive. Sounds like it's on the mend a bit though.

I want a reading chair wwwaaaaahhhh!

dive said...

Joy: I'm happy to be able to raise a chuckle.

Mme: Water butts: barrels to collect rainwater off your roof for use on your garden. Like a much smaller version of the tank I saw on your photos once.

Mme: I would think after all that travelling you'd want to rest but I know what it's like; the garden waits for no-one. Try not to over-do it! That's what I'm always telling mum about her gardening, too, but does she listen? Nope.

I'm so glad your nephew's back home. Perhaps he will remember to call an ambulance if it happens again and not to panic you when you're exhausted with jetlag.

Lynn: Nice new photo. That's a cheeky grin!

I can't live without my reading chair. It's a huge, wingbacked thing I can curl up and relax in and it's just in front of the north window so the light's perfect for spending time with a good book.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Thanks! You always make it sound so cosy in that chair. I'm tempted to turn off the tv and do the same on my sofa, but I'm watching the fascinating new BBC Big Cat Live thing. Compelling. Even though I'm scared witless of cats. Work that one out.

dive said...

I think it means you're weird, Lynn. Hee hee.
Everybody should have a reading chair. And yes, you really should turn off that television; it's not healthy for a writer to be dumbing down like that.

Scout said...

Ha! Even a lot of Christians I know would beware of that sort of dog. IN my town, he would have the sign strapped over his shoulders, and he'd be shouting through a bull horn. Ick.

Jules said...

Water butts - what a blow - wish you hadn't explained it - my visual image was much more interesting!!!

Jules said...

PS Another new word I learnt today - Godbotherers - I love it - will add it to my Dive's Dictionary.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

I wouldn't call watching wildlife programmes dumbing down, Dive. But then, I'm weird. Apparently.

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

Hee hee I love this one,dive.

dive said...

Weird people, Robyn. Brr!

Jules: I don't suppose water butts would be needed in a rain forest.

Lynn: That all depends on the wildlife documentary.

Rich: Hoorah for doggie cartoons!

neetzy said...

Love this! Heehee! By the way I did something weird to my back tonight. It hurts like hell! I did my yoga and it still hurts.