Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday Statuary - Shiny Plastic Art; Shiny Plastic People


8 comments:

Speedway said...

Oh, good grief! It's the invasion of the Body Parts Demonstrator from my elementary school days! Run away! Run away!

A smaller version of this lurked in the room for teachers' demonstration aids, brought out into the classrooms to show us our inner workings. "Here's a lung, Timmy! And for you, Sara, this lovely kidney, which will wash all the poisons from your body and flush them away in your, um, water."

And this giant one on a public square? He needs to be a movie, gliding into town on a push cart, casting his big eye on evil-doers.

Speedway said...

Having become rigidly typecast, the Phantom found work hard to come by after the Opera finally closed.

Petrea Burchard said...

I can't judge the people by looking at them, but I can judge that creepy model. We had it in school, too. Yuck.

dive said...

We had one, too. Damien Hirst got sued by the medical toy maker and lost. Hahahahahaha.
I can totally understand the young, shiny people completely ignoring the sculpture.

Speedway, you are too darned funny.

Ms M said...

Reminds me of physiology class in high school. The teacher had an authentic human skeleton that was used for learning the names and structure of the bones. Little numbered tags were attached to each bone. Thus, after that unit we would have a "tag test".

I decided I never wanted to be a doctor or nurse -- although I did work in a hospital emergency center for 5 years long ago -- before George Clooney came along....

dive said...

When I was a kid I really wanted a skeleton. The best I managed was a fake skull that I used as a bookend (I seem to recall that - for no apparent reason - I stuck a fake rose between its teeth like it was dancing the tango).

Ms M said...

Haha! Death does the tango?

That also reminds me of some of the album artwork of the Grateful Dead.

dive said...

Aha! Well spotted, Ms.M. I was a bit of a Deadhead back then so that's probably where I got the idea.