Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Meanwhile, Back in the Real World …

I'm not going to go off on one about what's happening over in the Colonies today … you know my views on that.
Instead, lets all just sit calmly and listen to what the tree has to say.

9 comments:

Speedway said...

I suppose it's sort of like talking to a post, but wait a sec - isn't this a "post?" And then there's this -

http://youtu.be/nn8YubD01sk

Shan said...

BAHAHA! I um...hmm.
In other news, Clint is singing! He's easier on the eyes than the ears, methinks. But good one Speedway! :D

Such a shame you can't vote with us, Dive. Such.a.shame.
signed,

The crazy right winged "Christian in the room". :P

savannah said...

And tomorrow, we'll wake up and it will be business as usual becausethat's how we roll over here, sweet pea! I do love those chairs and the idea of sitting in the sun. xoxoxox

dive said...

Hahaha, Speedway! A singing slab of wood. I must confess I've always enjoyed Paint Your Wagon. It's a good rainy Sunday afternoon no-brainer.

Hi, Shan! Be happy I can't vote over there … hee hee.
Whoever wins, I hope you enjoy every moment of the euphoric "Hooray! The electioneering has finished" feeling that should follow in the next few days.

Savannah, the thing that caught my eye was that somebody had arrayed the chairs all round the tree as if they were sitting and listening to it.
Here's to four more years.
xoxoxox

Petrea Burchard said...

I want to listen to the tree. It's got to be a more pleasant conversationalist than the political rhetoric (if you can call it rhetoric) we've been subjected to lately. I think we can all agree on that no matter which way we vote. Presidential campaigns are tiresome.

Shan said...

YES, we will be glad to get past this day. I think a lot of us feel like this little girl now. teeheehee

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-11-06/tired-of-bronco-bamma-and-mitt-romney-video-passes-12-million-views/

Petrea Burchard said...

I heard of that video, Shan! Poor sweetie, I feel exactly the same way.

Kate said...

What a day! Pretty good for England in November. Was is dry for Guy Fawkes? It's pretty much over, over here. I am so sick of hearing Mitt Romney's voice.

dive said...

I'm sure the tree will be sitting there in Green Park next time you're in London, Petrea, and will be only too pleased to regale you with arboreal tales.

Hee hee, Shan. Yes, what a relief that it's all over. Now we have a day or two of blessed respite before the next campaign gets under way (AUGH).

Petrea, I am certain of one thing: that little girl will be dragged, kicking and screaming into the next round of campaigning.

Hi, Kate. It's always wet here in November; the tree photo was taken a few weeks back.
I must confess it was nice to wake at five this morning and watch the final hour of the election coverage. It's the only hour I've watched, so I'm not so sick of it as people on your side of the pond.