Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Photographers: Beware of Pigeons


Back in London today for some meetings; one of which will hopefully be a lot more fun than the others. At lunchtime, on the very spot from which I took this photo of Whitehall - complete with speeding pigeon - I shall be meeting one of our original Blogville residents (sadly no longer blogging and sorely missed).
I wonder who it shall be …

8 comments:

Alifan said...

Hope the meeting goes well, and give my love to you know who, wonder what they will think of your Movember tash?


GG said...

Ooh, i'm intrigued. Anyone i know??

Ms M said...

Regarding your photo: Should I say "good capture"?

Enjoy your meeting. :-)

Petrea Burchard said...

Funny, Ms. M!

I don't know why I didn't realize how massive Whitehall is.

Can't wait to find out who's visiting.

Speedway said...

Consider yourself fortunate the pigeon flew in front of you rather than over!

dive said...

Mum, they have Movember there, too.

Hi, GG! Long time no see. It's someone from way back when you were in Tokyo and we were blogging fit to bust. You should really start a Gaijin Girl in Hibernia photoblog now you've relocated.

I think 'bad' capture would be more accurate, Ms.M.

Petrea, Whitehall goes way off to the right, too. It's a massive complex of labyrinthian design and quite as much unfit for purpose as it is beautiful.

It's one of the perils of city life, Speedway.

Katherine said...

Embarrasses to have to ask what this building is. I assume from the comments it was a fort or prison at one time.

dive said...

It's what's left of the Palace of Whitehall and is the place from where the country (and Commonwealth) is run.
Parliament is off to the right, Downing Street is just behind the trees on the right. All the various ministries are tucked away in these buildings and those surrounding them.