Saturday, November 10, 2012

Bleah …

Another happy weekend at the office.

11 comments:

Speedway said...

Whenever I look at the shots from your work window, I see other cars, so you are not alone. And, if nothing else, you can record the different colors of the days and seasons.

I brought home a picture today of a tree that, in the early morning light, seemed gray. But it's actually green! It's own little version of verdigris!? And a small hawk flew past me this morning, about 12 inches above the ground, gliding silently looking for mice. Cool! And remember the water's edge post? I saw another one today. Same place, but it has the sunrise in it! Cool!

Good result from the election: in addition to Obama's re'election, the evil Koch brothers paid the even more evil Karl Rove $400M for adveritising, guaranteeing the R's would win. BWHAHAHA! Will he be sleeping with the fishes or lost in a coal mine "disaster"?

dive said...

Sounds like a great day over there, Speedway.
I'm home again now, doing Photoshop work, which I can do a lot faster here than in the orifice (plus it's warmer and the coffee's better).
The other cars are from the office next door; there was just me and the rain today, which was just as well as I was blasting some Lutoslawski and some Elliott Carter and that would have been a pretty antisocial thing to do if one of my co-workers were in (their idea of culture is the petri dish version of pop music and reality TV).
Enjoy your verdigris.

Petrea Burchard said...

Why are you the only one who has to work on the weekend?

dive said...

I'm the only one who has contracts on site, plus I'm the "champion" for the new 3D software that nobody else knows how to use and I'm kinda grateful for those two things as I'm no longer panicking about losing my job like the others are.
On the other hand, I could do with a day off. Maybe at Christmas.

Petrea Burchard said...

Yay for being indispensable.

dive said...

It's the only way to survive these days.

Katherine said...

Speedway, I love your imagery up there. You've got a poem going. I've got a few rummaging around in my head, but they aren't ready yet.

Dive, I hope your weekend got better (I assume it did, because it seems you went home to "work"). The rain on the window pic is kind of cool in a moody sort of way.

Keep meaning to tell you these captcha things are ungodly. I have to flip through them like five times before I can find one I read. Yesterday, I entered three wrong codes before I found one and did it correctly. Just want you to know how important you are to me!

dive said...

Thank you, Katherine; the Sunday sky is now sunny and clear and I'm heading home again to do some more Photoshop stuff before enjoying a three hour weekend this evening.

I hate those things, too, but as soon as I turn mine off I get deluged with spam, darn it.

Petrea Burchard said...

This worked for me, might work for you: I stopped accepting anonymous comments. I get very little spam now, and people don't have to use the captcha. At least I don't think they do. Do you? See, now I can't even remember.

dive said...

It's not the anonymous comments that plague me, Petrea; it's the ones from fake bloggers with blog accounts set up by commercial interests selling crap like mobile phone services and insurance (and you know my views on both those subjects). They don't seem to bother me now I've got the annoying word verification thingie; it's too much hassle for the poor people in third world countries who they pay a cent or two for every comment posted.

Petrea Burchard said...

Uhoh. Those guys haven't found me yet.