Saturday, October 27, 2007

More Crappy Non-Autumnal Photos

Poor Old Dive is still obsessed with finding some autumn colour to compensate for the shitty cold and damp that chill my ancient bones at this time of year.
Prudence's photos from her drive to work made me put a bag over my head and cry like a baby, hating this dank, rainy, windswept, freezing crappy excuse for a country even more than usual.

This morning I took a walk in the little park on St.James's Hill overlooking Norwich but it was too bloody cold and misty to get any decent shots. And the trees were stubbornly refusing to give it up with some pretty colours.

So I moseyed on into town feeling somewhat despondent and took it out on my bank account with some therapeutic retail therapy.

The mist burned off after a while so I checked out the archæological dig going on at the cathedral. But it needs a week or two more to get interesting; at the moment it is just a mudpatch. Still, the cathedral always looks nice.

This is the inside of Ethelbert Gate at the top of the Cathedral Close. Look at those stupid bloody trees! Do they not have a calendar? It's November this week and they're still giving it summer!
Dorks!

14 comments:

M.Benaut said...

Dorks, however would benefit from the installation of my volcano. Perhaps you should start up a branch ofice in the antipodes, old son.
I have a friend that is starting up a branch office in the Grand Caymans. We can all meet there this time next year and who cares ?

Scout said...

Dorks indeed. What did you buy?

dive said...

Hee hee, MB.
Unfortunately, even though we have schools in China and India, I'm way too lowly to get to visit them, so I'm stuck on this rainy rock.

Robyn: You know me well enough by now to answer that one yourself.

Joy said...

I'll tell you where you can go - The Avenues, parts of Dereham Road and Earlham Road.

Hey, thanks for listening to my radio show! You could just go online so you'll have a better reception. :D

joy
Your Love Coach

Scout said...

Books! Or maybe five new coffee makers.

dive said...

I tried online, Joy. I've related that saga in your comments box.
The podcasts work fine!

Robyn: right first time. You know me so well.

Joy said...

Will pass that on to Richard!

Regarding the show - I must warn you, I present it mostly in Filipino :D and some bits in English. But hey, if you like good music, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

joy
Your Love Coach

Maria said...

Um...what did you buy? Just curious? What does a guy like you buy when he is out and about and bored?

Jelly beans? A new shirt? A popcorn making machine? Sheet music? A horse?

Maria said...

Ah...just read the comments and I see that you didn't get the pony.

Shit. I wanted to see a photo of you sitting proudly on your new pony, Dive.

Jules said...

My posts tomorrow and on Tuesday are dedicated to you and your bloody autumn leaves and bad weather!!!!

Read and weep!!!!!


Hee, hee!!!!

Jules said...

PS My suicide note is on your post yesterday.

Just go on without me - sob!!!!

dive said...

Jules: I loved your Vietnam post today. This old Marxist thanks you.

And if you're going to end it all, please leave your house to me (hee hee). I still cannot believe that Lynn and I are the only sane people (other than yourself of course) in Blogville.
Hey, what are the house prices like in New Britain? And what prospects are there for an architect who designs girls' schools?
Hmm … That's the trouble with being good at such a niche occupation; I'm indispensible here but not wanted anywhere else. Hey ho.

M.Benaut said...

Naturally Dive you are correct about the sanity thing, old son.
When you move to Rabaul, I will be over, quick-smart for some lessons.
We don't have a lot of that commodity round these here parts.
I'm still wondering about Lynn, but she needs a new gearbox seal. First things first, I reckon.

Jules said...

Dive - plenty of positions for beach bums - send your CV !!