I can only take so much rushing around and shouting at builders before I need to go wandering off through my local countryside. I've had a particularly shouty couple of days, so just now I took an early lunch and went for an amble.
There's a lot of this kind of thing where I live.
It's fairly flat and more than slightly moist in places.
It has oodles of pretty little footpaths leading nowhere in particular. At long last the oaks are beginning to turn.
This one has a nice bracket fungus on it. I mean how much more autumnal can you get?
I'm pretending to be M.B while he's away in Sydney! I can see why you persevere with a 7 hour commute to live in this beautiful place and I guess it's too cold for mosquitoes - all that water. The oak trees are much bigger than ours! xxx Mme B
Done. You go live in Jules house, Jules can come live in mine and I'll go live in yours.
Ah, all of that peace and quiet and good reading material and you have a brother that i wouldn't mind if he moved in.
Just to entice jules to come to the seventh circle of hell, Brother in the back room has finally found an abode that is not mine and will be vacating in the next few weeks.
Tis pretty indeed. I never seem to get the chance to explore when i visit my parents (near you). Mental note to in future. Your expertise is required yet again over at mine.
15 comments:
wow, Dive. These are all beautiful shots--I like the idea of lovely paths that lead no where in particular. Lucky you.
I like it! See it isn't always grey, gloomy and rainy! New twist on the Melee..thought you would get a kick out of it.
Robyn, Peahen will tell you all about those footpaths; she collects them.
They are indeed lovely to simply walk along for walking's sake.
Prudence: I LOVE your new twist on the melee! You know I can't resist anything like that.
nothing like reconnecting with nature to calm you down, it works for me.
The pretty photo - why would you ever leave that place?
Me too, Rich.
When it stops either raining or freezing for long enough to actually venture outside.
Kate: I've had almost fifty years of it. I want to live in Jules' house now.
Dive - you are most welcome!!!
I hope you saw my Autumn leaf that I posted just for you!!! I went tramping off all day looking for the bloody thing!!!!
You do live in a lovely place and i'm glad you could relax after your shouty days - what a hoot - i love that expression - can i borrow it????
I plan on visiting your Mum - love a good story from friends' Mums - they know all the best ones!!!!
Cheers Dear - have a good one
I'm pretending to be M.B while he's away in Sydney! I can see why you persevere with a 7 hour commute to live in this beautiful place and I guess it's too cold for mosquitoes - all that water. The oak trees are much bigger than ours!
xxx Mme B
Done. You go live in Jules house, Jules can come live in mine and I'll go live in yours.
Ah, all of that peace and quiet and good reading material and you have a brother that i wouldn't mind if he moved in.
Just to entice jules to come to the seventh circle of hell, Brother in the back room has finally found an abode that is not mine and will be vacating in the next few weeks.
Seriously, how do you do it?!
Doesn't Norwich calm your nerves, dive? :D
joy
Your Love Coach
Tis pretty indeed. I never seem to get the chance to explore when i visit my parents (near you). Mental note to in future. Your expertise is required yet again over at mine.
Jules: I loved your autumn leaf. And don't believe everything Mum tells you!
Mme: Yes, the local landscape keeps me sane … kind of …
Kate: That's an excellent idea! And brilliant news about BITBR! You can have your own space at last!
Joy: Norwich is wonderful but they don't pay enough for me to work there (drat).
Lynn: Explore! It's beautiful if you avoid the tourists.
wow, wow, wow...damn, sugar, want to house trade for a holiday?
Hee hee, Savannah. I've been trying to trade with Jules but with no success so far.
How much are we talking about dive? :)
joy
Your Love Coach
Post a Comment