Saturday, October 20, 2007

Hey Ho

"All the leaves are brown,
And the sky is grey …"
Well, The Mamas And The Papas certainly got it wrong about autumn.
So much for California Dreaming …

Here in Norwich, all the leaves are green and the sky is blue.

I popped down to The Close to capture all the wonderful autumn colours of the trees around the cathedral, but - you've guessed it - they are still all green.
I do hope Joy has more autumnal luck on her visit to Fairhaven this weekend.

This is the only one I found. In front of City Hall, looking across the marketplace. So that's a grand total of two trees in Norwich and one in London that have dared to go autumnal this week.
Bum.

12 comments:

Terroni said...

I do love that last shot, Dive--it's gorgeous.

Maria said...

They will change soon...be patient.

And then, snow....

Ugh.

savannah said...

maybe by the time i'm no longer bootbound. . .

dive said...

Yup; we'll get three minutes of glorious autumn and then six months of bleak, sub-zero sleety cack.
Roll on spring.

Joy said...

It's 1116pm and I haven't left the house! Busy organising photos from my trips to the US and Poland to post on my www.thegoddessinyou.co.uk blog :D

But yeah, that tree in front of city hall is quite eye-catching. Did you go to Chapelfield? There are a few trees there that have turned. I shall have to starting posting autumny pix soon!

Hope to run into you in the city one of these days :D

joy
Your Love Coach

Vic said...

Half our trees turned really early this year. I thought it was still decent weather but they seemed to have a different idea. We had a bout of really nice weather after that and then next thing I knew all the tree had dumped their leaves.

Maybe it just ain't the year for it, Dive.

dive said...

Hi, Joy. Can't wait to see all your photos.
I didn't quite reach Chapelfield Gardens yesterday; I only got as far as Borders.
If you ever need to find this creature of habit, I have breakfast in Waterstone's coffee shop with my brother (The Monkey God) at 9 every Saturday, then go shopping and wandering and get out of the city before the queues build up.

Vic: I know what you mean. I can sense the leaves waiting for me to tun my back and then they're all gonna jump.

Old Knudsen said...

I loved Sale of the century.

dive said...

"Live from Norwich".
hehehehehe

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Stunning photography there dive.

Jules said...

Anyone would think you were looking forward to winter dear!!! Anyway what's Autumn??? I'm sitting under the fan, gin and tonic in hand with a slight glow on my cheeks - no I'm not sitting on the cat - it is warm and not an autumn leaf in sight!!!

dive said...

AAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHH !!!!!