Saturday, May 25, 2013

We're Going To Need A Bigger Lens

Passing by the Cathedral this morning in the freezing cold, the peregrines nesting on the spire apparently have four chicks close to fledging.

 I only had my standard lens with me, however (I even forgot my binoculars, dammit), so could take nothing but blurry, distant shots.

 Nice to see at least one boid, though.

Maybe next week I'll remember to pack the right equipment.

They are, after all, a long way up.

10 comments:

Alifan said...

Thanks for this morning I had a great time, if you look on my blog you will see a screen grab I just pinched off the computer, they are growing fast…

dive said...

They sure are.
I'm knackered now, having been doing drastic tree surgery with a bloody handsaw. If anyone wants a tree there's one laying in bits on my patio.

Alifan said...

Thought you tell me to do a little at a time!

Have a nice bath and relax.

dive said...

And do you ever take my advice?
About as often as I do yours …Hee hee.

Kate said...

Fun with Falcons...We have boxes like those on the skyscrapers in Salt Lake.

dive said...

Yay! That must be fun for the nearby residents.

savannah said...

Cool shots even without having the long lens! How long has the peregrine camera been there? Going over to your Mum's site to find the cam link. xoxoox

dive said...

The peregrine cam has been up for three years now. They looked at the nest but didn't use it the first year, then last year they raised two chicks and this year it's four. Yay!
xoxoxox

Ms M said...

It's amazing how these birds adapt to their surroundings; tall buildings become "cliffs".

dive said...

This one certainly is tall, Ms.M.