Sunday, May 19, 2013

Let Him Eat Cake

More news from the trenches of Old Dive's Miracle Non-Diet.
This morning I find myself down to 180lb (this down from 229.3lb a little over a year ago).

Yesterday, my non-diet consisted (in no particular order):
A large tumbler of Tropicana Orange and Lime.
Two full-fat lattes at Pret.
One fresh, Pret egg and bacon breakfast baguette (with lashings of bacon - yay - the ultimate diet food).
Two pistachio macarons (they were all out of bacon macarons by the time we got there, dammit).
One, inch-thick slab of fresh, sashimi-grade tuna the size of my hand, sliced up raw as sashimi and served with low-salt soy, wasabi and a bowl of freshly made miso soup with lots of wakame.
A bunch of grapes.
A large tumbler of fresh-squeezed, no-salt tomato juice.
A whole bag (oops) of organic unsalted mixed nuts and fruit.
Most of a bar of Green and Black's organic Maya Gold dark chocolate.
A couple of hefty mugs of black Lavazza Gold coffee.
A cup of Shizuoka green tea.
A whole local crab (well not the crunchy bits) stuffed into a fresh-baked demi-baguette with a handful of salad leaves.
Snackie tomatoes (organic Vittoria on the vine).
Half a bottle of white Burgundy.
A Grappa round at Gerry's.
A large glass of rather good Cognac.
Combined with a nice walk in the city at breakfast time, some vacuuming and a session in my gym I still managed to lose a pound.

Today I intend to partake of the wares displayed above when I meet Phil and his new girlfriend (yikes) in town for lunch.

Do please join me in my miracle non-diet. Unlike others it is completely free to join and it WORKS! It's costing me a fortune in new clothes though.

10 comments:

neetzy said...

Wow. I just gained 5 lbs looking at the delectable pastries. I gained another 5 reading your menu for the day.

MmeBenaut said...

Oh yummy, to the photo and also the list. Must admit that I'd have to have salt on those organic nuts though. All that sashimi and green tea will have you living to 110 or more!

Ms M said...

Your weight loss is amazing!

But now, after seeing that showcase of desserts and reading your non-diet list, I'm Hungry....

Alifan said...

I did washing,ironing, gardening, cut grass did the edges, cleaned the house, had a bad head so did not eat much… and I gained another lb!

dive said...

It's a weird non-diet: I use portion control during the working week and then treat myself at weekends, yet somehow I always lose more weight at weekends and am lightest on Monday mornings.
Go figure …

Unknown said...

If you licked the glass you wouldn't put on a pound!!!

dive said...

Eww!

Petrea Burchard said...

I want to do this, Dive. When you say "portion control" do you mean you just eat less of each thing? Does that mean I can have five things in small portions instead of three things in large portions?

I'm not being facetious.

dive said...

Hi, Petrea.
My problem used to be that:
(a) I love cooking;
(b) Cooking well is terribly difficult for one;
(c) I hate to see things go to waste;
(d) I cooked for two and ate for two.

I decided to try to lose twenty pounds in stages, the first stage being to not do any more exercise, not to go on a diet, but simply to find dishes that I could cook for one and loved to eat and stick to those for a bit.
The result was that the pounds came off slowly and steadily so I kept at it and so far have ditched fifty pounds in a year and a bit.
Over the months I've chosen to spoil myself at weekends and be disciplined during the week and the pounds still fall steadily. If only I'd known it would be that simple I'd have done it years ago.

Petrea Burchard said...

Good advice, Dive, thanks.