Kinda creepy that he started to bury them all in a line. Was he building up a collection? A serial wife-murderer mayhap? A Victorian Bluebeard?
The stones don't tell so I'll leave it to your fecund imaginations.
Well, I miss you too! I'm sorry I've been so neglectful. xx
I do love this find. My grandpa on my dad's side had this problem. We were beginning to wonder about him. I remember the stink he caused when choosing which one he wanted to be buried beside and I'm thinking this would have been a better plan. Just line them all up and share the eternal rest! His third wife still lives so I'll have to find out what happens with her. (I'm not close to my dad's side-o-the family.)
6 comments:
Were there more than these two? Perhaps, he just wanted the economy of visits? *snickering* xoxoxo
Those are eerie. Matching tombstones?? They died young.
Pray tell, when did Mr. Hopson breathe his last? Is he buried nearby? With the same tombstone?
Good point, Savannah.
xoxoxox
Ms.M. there was no sign of Henry; perhaps he's still out there somewhere, murdering one wife every ten years.
Well, I miss you too! I'm sorry I've been so neglectful. xx
I do love this find. My grandpa on my dad's side had this problem. We were beginning to wonder about him. I remember the stink he caused when choosing which one he wanted to be buried beside and I'm thinking this would have been a better plan. Just line them all up and share the eternal rest! His third wife still lives so I'll have to find out what happens with her. (I'm not close to my dad's side-o-the family.)
I only know I want my grave stone pre-mossed.
I'm with you, Shan. Bury all your wives (or husbands) in a bunch and enjoy the thought of all the arguing relatives.
That's a great idea, Petrea.
Post a Comment