I saw the FB post, too, which is good since I don't have a very long memory right now. But thinking about it, I believe you did post some photos from Blickling a while back during another visit. Is that correct? It does look like a lovely place to visit.
There's plenty to do at Blickling other than ogle the architecture, Petrea. The library and art collection beckon, as do the beautiful gardens, arboretum, orangery, walks around the lake, restaurant, tea rooms and a second hand bookshop the size of a small town, not to mention chamber and orchestral concerts, fireworks and … er … croquet.
13 comments:
Tudor memories... Lovely shot!
It's the view from the … er … waiting area outside the ladies' loo.
I'm sorry I've been away for so long. I know where you are because I just saw Lynn's Facebook's post. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Hello Robyn so nice to see your name on here again.
Lovely photo Son… you get used to waiting outside the ladies loo when I go out with you!
Hi, Robyn! Having just told you all about our visit to Blickling on videochat I won't bother to repeat it here. Hee hee.
xx
Mum, at least at Blickling there's a nice view so hanging around outside the ladies' loo with a camera doesn't look quite so creepy.
My list gets longer and longer.
I saw the FB post, too, which is good since I don't have a very long memory right now.
But thinking about it, I believe you did post some photos from Blickling a while back during another visit. Is that correct?
It does look like a lovely place to visit.
You're going to have to spend about three seconds in each historic building, Petrea.
Yup, Ms.M. the ol' "Katie and Dive do Blickling" posts. It's always a great place to visit.
Is there nothing there to visit, Dive? It seems I could spend hours just enjoying the architecture.
There's plenty to do at Blickling other than ogle the architecture, Petrea. The library and art collection beckon, as do the beautiful gardens, arboretum, orangery, walks around the lake, restaurant, tea rooms and a second hand bookshop the size of a small town, not to mention chamber and orchestral concerts, fireworks and … er … croquet.
I can't wait! Er, well, I have to. But I would love to visit this place, and many others, in Britain.
Well worth it Petrea. I loved the books and the paintings.
Petrea, it's such a tiny island you could probably visit them all in a long weekend.
And they enjoyed your company, Lynn.
Post a Comment