Saturday, May 11, 2013

Angel? Mermaid? Your Guess Is As Good As Mine

Strange goings-on in the Cathedral this morning …

The Wicker Man it ain't.

7 comments:

Alifan said...

Thank you for a lovely morning, and the Cathedral Music was lovely…

Pity we did not see the Peregrines but have posted the Spire you sent me,on my blog.
It was a chap called Andy who we saw apparently! Stephen said he would be pleased I called him a young man on the forum…

peahen said...

Glad you both enjoyed the music. Was it another organ recital?

I think it's a mermaid with wings - a merangel - Good in both air and water (but rubbish on land)

dive said...

Glad you had a good time, Mum. Pity they'd sold out of bacon macarons though.

Hi, Shiela. No, it's some kind of festival going on there and a string trip and four choral singers were making a giggly mess of rehearsal. I took a video which I might post if I have the time.
I think you're right about the merangel.

Petrea Burchard said...

It could be just an angel. I've come to this via deductive reasoning: a mermaid doesn't have wings, but an angel can have anything it wants.

Of course I don't know much about angels.

dive said...

I only know one guy called Angel and if he could have anything he wants I'm pretty sure he wouldn't look like he does.

Ms M said...

Perhaps it's a Silkie. Maybe it's the blessing of the mariners.

dive said...

Could be, Ms.M. though if I were a mariner I'm not sure I'd want to meet one of these out at sea.