Following on from yesterday's post, this is how the Gherkin actually sees itself, reflected in the mirror of the Tokyo Marine building. It must think its diamond panes are all curvy like the reflection. I wonder if we see ourselves distorted the same way.

8 comments:
That is gorgeous once again.
That's beautiful, Dive - facets upon facets reflecting each other's gloriousness. Looks like 2 women in sequined gowns met in the lobby. "Oh you look just lovely, dear." Oh, too kind, dear, you have outshown the world -again." (Titter, titter. Snark.)
My self in the mirror is curvy, too, and the blurriness of the vision is probably due to ego rather than bad eyes, so is kind to keep myself from curling up under the bed.
It is, isn't it.
I'm a huge fan of the Gherkin (and a huge un-fan of my fat mirror image).
You'll be disappointed to hear I have many more Gherkin photos I can post so watch out and collect the set.
Very fascinating photo with the variety of shapes, reflections!
Good question -- I've noticed that the amount of distortion is proportional to the number of drinks one has had during the evening.
Suddenly I'm craving pickled vegetables.
Ms.M I need to drink more; my mirror is a horror story.
Suddenly, Vanda? I crave them all the time.
I'll have to remember to call it The Gherkin next time! xoxoxoxo
Nobody calls it "Swiss Re Tower" … it's always The Gherkin. Very few of London's buildings are known by their real names because their real names are so boring (and usually have something to do with banking and insurance … eww).
xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment