Hokay, so we're still in central London, within sight of the Thames, but where precisely are these birches (and there are rather a lot of them in neat, regimented rows)?
Do click and blow this one up to get its full yumminess.
It was a bastard to get the focusing just how I wanted it.
Do click and blow this one up to get its full yumminess.
It was a bastard to get the focusing just how I wanted it.

10 comments:
Lovely Dive! There are a lot of White Birch in NH.
Ah, those beautiful rolling hills and lakes. I remember your wonderful autumn photos, Leslie.
These birch are in a somewhat unexpected place; row upon row of them, rigid and regimented. I wonder if anyone will be able to guess where.
Outside the Tate Modern.
I love the way you've focused it, Dive. My own camera won't behave as I'd like and end up taking several shots myself. I like the blurred green of the leaves against the white bark of the birches.
Well spotted, Speedway! No prize, I'm afraid, other than a righteous feeling of self-satisfaction.
I wanted a narrow depth of field for this, so I needed manual focus and had to play around a bit with apertures. Luckily my camera has a depth of field preview button (like my old steam camera, the OM4Ti) so I could get the effect I was looking for. Autofocus is useless for something like this. Hoorah for manual cameras!
Gorgeous! xoxoxoxx
You certainly are, Savannah.
xoxoxox
This is a beautiful photo. I love birches, even unevenly planted.
Great photo, Dive. I'd print this out big and frame it if I were you.
Excellent photo, Dive. I agree with Petrea; this is worth enlarging and framing.
Even unevenly is a great phrase, Robyn.
Petrea, and Ms.M: Why thank you, but I can do better than that: I can go see them for real.
Post a Comment