Ah, religious differences … where would we be without the 70,000 or so officially recognised churches within the Christian faith alone? They do love to bicker.
And that's just the officially recognised churches. There are a myriad of cults to add in to Christianity's glorious tapestry, and each and every one fervently believes that they - and only they - hold the TRUTH (always in upper case) and that everyone else is headed for hell in a handcart.
Lovely people …
Here are a small group whose way of life would make Jesus weep. They live out Robyn's way and the thing that tickled me most was the names …
Go on - read it. You know you want to.
8 comments:
Those beards look like something out of "Borat" And wouldn't you know they're names are Mullet - only in the front and maybe a weird party out back.
When I saw the names I had just taken a sip from my wine glass. It went all over my monitor, my desk, down my front and in my keyboard. A pox on Amish with comedy names!
We're talking "mullet" - like the haircut, right? This is a real newspaper and not the Onion?
We are indeed talking people with dumb facial hair being named after the world's dumbest haircut, Petrea.
Actually, I'd love to see an Amish guy with a mullet.
And yes, this is real; the Onion would have said "Area Man Accused of Beard Cutting Attacks" but otherwise it's pretty much the same.
Sounds like Mr. Mullet is a few hairs short of a beard....
Hee hee!
I didn't recognize "Mullet" as an Amish name! But I live next to the most famous Amish country in Lancaster. We see courting Sundays where the young Amish boys unbutton their shirts and drive their buggies hard to attract those barefoot Amish girls!
Yee and haw, Neetzy. I kinda like the Amish but living next door to them must be a pain. It's bad enough around here with all the horses but I can't imagine what pain buggies and carts add to getting around your back roads.
Post a Comment