Sunday, December 07, 2008

Too Busy To Blog

Hey ho.

Once again I am too busy to blog so I'll just post this photo I took in St.James's Park the other day of why you should never encourage the flying rats in London.
Unless of course you want your face pecked off never walk through the park eating a sandwich.

Time to dig out my DVD of Hitchcock's "The Birds" for this evening's movie methinks.

17 comments:

Joy said...

Did you try helping her???

dive said...

Regrettably she was doing it on purpose, Joy.
Just off to the right of this photo is a big sign saying "Please don't feed the pigeons" and this woman's husband throwing breadcrumbs all over her so he could take a photo.

Some people are just beyond mad.

Anonymous said...

Dive, the way you tell the story the husband might have been trying to have her killed by the pigeons. No trace - the perfect murder. Perhaps it's Agatha Christie you should dig out for tonight and not Hitchcock LOL

Very scary shot!

dive said...

Hee hee, Nathalie!
The woman was giggling like a fool while all this was going on. She ended up with three of the rats sitting on her head.

Shazza said...

I hear pigeon poop is good for the hair.

dive said...

It's great for those grey streaks some girls have.

Katie said...

Tippi Hedren sure has let herself go. She used to be so stylish!

If you ever make it to SF I'll take you up to Bodega where they filmed "The Birds", then we could go to Bodega Bay and eat fresh crab.

I'm in San Francisco five days a week with a lot of time on my hands, I'd like to see you. Maybe we could go swimming or something. Mother tells me you like to swim.

Anonymous said...

"The Birds" is a great movie. Hitchcock (who I believe was a Brit) was a genius. I still think "Psycho" was his greatest movie and maybe the greatest of all time.

Scout said...

Creepy. Flying rats is a good term for them. I remember seeing a seagull (the same as far as I'm concerned) eating a rat on the banks of the Thames. Your city wildlife is icky.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Goodness that's awful! I'm not frightened of birds but I wouldn't fancy that! So you can't walk through the park with a sandwich, but what about you sitting in the park eating sushi? Were you bothered by them?

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

The Birds is a great film. I have it on DVD too. Hitchcock, well, pure genius. I'm a big fan. Katie you live near the scene? That's better than living near Malvern. lol. ;)

MmeBenaut said...

I think I would be terrified. She is very much under the thumb of her stupid husband but at least she had the wit to wear a thick coat.

savannah said...

some people just have no sense, sugar! cull the herd! xoxoxo

Jules said...

Hello in there Dive - hope you aren't too snowed under. Gosh I hope you'll get some time off over the festive season to relax.....and make stock!!!!

Wonder what the poor woman was eating?????

Anonymous said...

Hey! Free face exfoliation!

dive said...

Hee hee hee, Katie. Your Tippi Hedren comment cracked me up.

You really live close to the place they filmed The Birds?
I SO want to live there!
Wow!
As for the last quote, I'm packing my icky Speedos as I write.

Mark: Yup, Hitchcock was a Londoner. We're kind of proud of him.

Robyn: It's not just our wildlife that's icky; most of our people are, too.

Lynn: It's the squirrels that go for the sushi. Discriminating little buggers, squirrels.

Mme: She seemed to be encouraging them. Some people really do need to be culled.

Hee hee, Savannah; I just read your comment after typing the very same thing to Mme.
Great minds think alike.
xoxoxo

Hi, Jules. I'm back in London and working my ass off (well actually I'm sitting here with a latte and blogging but nobody else is around yet).

Dot: Hee hee hee. Excellent!

Nathalie H.D. said...

A sexy game perhaps between her husband and her? You never know what couples come up with to pep up their sex life...