Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ah, Misery

For those foreign devils amongst you who are not used to the golden crowns that adorn us English folk at Christmastide (and who giggled at the hats in the last post), here's my festive Christmas photo from last year to show that I too can enter into the spirit of things.

Yay.

30 comments:

Shan said...

WAHHHHHaaa Dive! This should totally be your Christmas card to everyone. But it might be TOO Christmassy to send cards to people eh? :D

dive said...

Pretty festive, huh Shan?

I do make a card for my blog neighbours each year. I'm working on this year's (kind of) at the moment.
I'll post it a few days before Christmas as most people are away for a few days and Blogville gets pretty quiet.

As you weren't around then, here are the cards from the past two Christmasses.
Please don't hit me!
Hee hee.

http://smallglassplanet.blogspot.com
/2007/12/dives-christmas-card.html

http://smallglassplanet.blogspot.com
/2006_12_01_archive.html

Shan said...

Wawa wewa if the subject matter were less blasphemous on those cards you could freelance at J's work (It's a greeting card company)!!! Those are totally cool! Especially the one with the dinosaur. BaHA!

Now, before I forget. Here's an uppercut to the chin for Jesus.

dive said...

Hee hee, Shan! I love the thought of being clobbered by "an uppercut for Jesus!"

I'll try to make this year's card less blasphemous but I can't promise anything.

Yikes! I just realised that second url should have read:

http://smallglassplanet.blogspot.com
/2006/12/christmas-card-run.html

Jules said...

Shan & I had the same thought about the Christmas card - what a hoot!!!!

We in the colonies took all the Christmas traditions from Ye Old Country, which in 35 degree heat, seemed a totally ridiculous friggin' thing to do!!! The traditions included not only sweltering over a hot roast lunch but having to endure these horrible hats. The ones we had usually came out of the bonbons and weren't nearly as flash or as funny as yours. They were hot and made you sweaty, and they would literally go soft, sag and droop over your eyes! At this point some idiot would race around taking everyone's photos thus immortalizing you forever as a total dag - as in your snaps!!!

My mother, God bless her soul,however started the tradition in our house of having cold ham and salads and maybe a few prawns for Christmas dinner - we continue her tradition except not a paper crown can be found anywhere at my place over Christmas!!!!

Ho, bloody ho!!!

dive said...

Ah, I love the word "hoot"!

Oh, my. You have to post photos of you in a silly Christmas hat, sitting around eating roast Christmas dinner in Oz, Jules.

Thank goodness your mother was smart enough to ditch all that crap and eat something more appropriate.
This year, however, you MUST make a paper hat.
Just for me?
Please?

Katherine said...

Dive, all I can say is you're a BABE BABY!!!

Merry Christmas!!

dive said...

Hahaha!
Katherine, I take it you polished off the rest of that bottle of Jim Beam before commenting?
Either way, you've sent me to bed with a grin on my face.
Nighty-night.

Anonymous said...

If I had to drink Jim Beam I'd make that same face. George Dickle for this girl. Not familar with it you should see if you can get your hands on some.

Katherine Buckley said...

Wow, Dive you have been off on one about Christmas... and there is till another 2 weeks to go!! By the way what a fantastic picture of the queen in your previous blog! I saw her in the window at Buckingham Palace once and thought that was good but yours is a proper papparazzi shot!

savannah said...

perfect! shan's right, that's the anti-christmas card for YOU! jim beam, eh? wish i could send you some of the small batch bourbons made in kentucky, sugar! xoxo

i don't have an email address for you, so i couldn't send this for you to pass along to your office mates:

http://www.someecards.com/upload/daily_candy/may_your_shameful_behavior.html

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Pah! This should be your Christmas card, Dive! You really have to print that one up. Make them at Zazzle.com! So funny...

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Oh I just saw yesterday's post. he he. Sorry - been busy. I just had to comment about hats.

Anonymous said...

Don't hit your head on the "Beam." Great stuff Dive.

Nathalie H.D. said...

Le roi est mort, vive le roi!

Maria said...

You look quite fetching in that v neck sweater, Dive.

Volmon said...

'Tis the season to be elsewhere, that's for sure. Where can one go, though, that hasn't been visited upon by the New Testament plague that is Christmas? A trip to Death Valley for a picnic awash with anti-Christian jibes and tequila (accompanied by Katie), perhaps?

Saddle up, dudes! We're off to make friends with rattlesnakes and count grains of sand. When that's done, we can trim a cactus with roadkill, as a mark of our utter Lordlessness.

BTW, nice crown. Do they come in silver?

neetzy said...

I want this picture for MY Christmas cards! You could market these dude.

Shazza said...

Heck, you can get those funky crowns at the local Burger King here in the states. Although I do think they charge extra for the Jim Beam!

Katie said...

Cheers right back to you Dive! Man this makes me laugh (although I know you're trying to be a grinch). Love your last 2 blogger holiday cards -- I can't wait to see this year's card! I have a few fun holiday-themed posts planned. I found a great Christmas photo (that's even in color!) from 35+ years ago that I'll post on the 25th. Oh and I dare you, no I DOUBLE DOG DARE you to post a Christmas photo from when you were a kid.

dive said...

Hi, Prudence! Looks like I'll be doing some on-line bourbon hunting this Christmas. If your taste in the golden nectar is anywhere near as good as your taste in music I'm in for a treat.

Kat: Christmas is one of my favourite times for ranting. I do love an easy target.

It's pretty hard to avoid the Queen where I work; she's a near neighbour and is always blocking off the roads I want to cross so she can go and glower at the government.

Savannah: I wish you could send me some, too, but bringing some in person would be so much better.
Hee hee and hee again at the eCard. That's getting forwarded around the office.

Lynn: I must confess you are one hundred percent right about the hats. Hee hee.

Cheers' Mark! Unfortunately that was last Christmas and I'm pretty much a booze-free zone at the moment as I have the crappy office cold.

Maria: Hahahahaha!

Lucio: I'm up for that! This country's too damned cold at the moment.
And the hats come in all sorts of horrid colours, as Lynn has pointed out.

Shazza: You can get "Piss Hats" at Burger King?
Maybe I've been mistaken in avoiding the place for the last fifty years.

Woohoo!
Thank you, Katie. At long last I have a reason to look forward to Christmas Day.
I wish I had a Christmas kid photo to post but Ming the Menstrual burned all of my photos so all we have left are mum's baby pics.
Hey ho.
Weemen! Huh!

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Burned your photos? That's just terrible, Dive.

dive said...

Women are a mystery to me, Lynn.

Anonymous said...

There had been"La Duchesse de Parme". Here,we have the"Duc de parme" !

Jules said...

Oh or'right - just for you Dive!!! Will even post a photo of it - just for you of course!!!!!

dive said...

Waaaaah! Neetzy, how could I have missed you?
I grovel at your feet in abject apology.

Anonymous: We certainly do.

Yay, Jules!

neetzy said...

Apology accepted. I'm sorry I whined about it. I was just in one of those "feeling sorry for myself" moods.

dive said...

You had every reason to yell, Neetzy. I feel like a complete dork. I am usually so careful to reply to everyone and I still have no idea how I missed you.
If it happens again, just yell "Hey, shithead! Answer me when I'm talking to you!" and I'll come a'runnin'.
Hee hee.
Actually, that might remind me too much of Ming the Menstrual.
Ew!

MmeBenaut said...

So cute, Dive. Love the pout!

dive said...

I may not be good at life, Mme, but I can pout with the best of 'em.