Still sober; Amanda and the famous CB
Donna, who sits beside me at the office and fills my ears with Kiwi gibberish
CB demonstrates how intelligent alcohol makes you look
CJ (the boss) does the same
Genevieve aussi
Hey ho
Hic
AmandurrThese are not the worst of the photos by any means, but I have to work with these people for fuck's sake.


23 comments:
Dive - they all look fine drunk but God knows what they look like sober - yech!!!
Just a quick question - Why was the Aussi in B & W????
Aussi", not "Aussie", Jules. Hee hee.
Gen's a Yank and I have no idea why some of the shots are in black and white. She took them and posted them (and then regretted it and took them off the server … too late).
They are even uglier sober.
Haha the pic of Jules and Gayle is Genius! Sums up my work chisi party really...
Yup. Misery is what Christmas parties are all about, Dot.
Ah STEVE and Gayle I ment... I was reading Jules' comment just before. Oh deary me ^_^
Hee hee. I kinda guessed.
And congratulations on passing your violin exam!
Yaaay!
Heh heh!
Do they KNOW you are posting these pics, Dive??
Hell, no!
The cove in the bow tie looks very spaced out. Are you sure he wasn't tucking into the hash brownies?
Good old Staff Christmas parties, the best part though is picking a place to sit,lol.
mesmerizing! ;) xoxox
(a very merry un-christmas to you from me!!)
Betty: the man is not of this planet. He's a morris dancer and he plays the shawm and the serpent in a mediæval music ensemble which might explain a lot.
Hi, Bob! I found the best place to sit at this party was a hundred and twenty miles away at home. Boy do I hate office parties.
A very merry un-Christmas to you too, Savannah! Hee hee.
xoxox
I want a gold crown—and CB looks like a lot of fun. Too bad you missed it all, Dive. (smirk)
What a hoot! I especially like the crowns from the Christmas crackers (or whatever they are called), which adds that extra element of the ridiculous. Glad that's not a tradition in the states. I'm sure you're SO bummed to have missed this party!
You surely deserve a gold crown, Robyn. And actually, CB is a whole lot of fun, though not at Christmas parties.
Katie: hoot indeed! Yup, the crap party hats come from Christmas crackers and are utterly ridiculous.
I am so totally bummed to have missed out on this embarrassing farrago. Hee hee.
So I gather no-one at work knows about your blog?
Right. What's wrong with these people. Their sheer existence or their getting drunk with golden paper wraps around their heads?
Donna in HR monitors my blog, Nathalie (Hi, Donna) and Amanda and "my" Donna check it occasionally on my screen but they'd find entertainingly messy ways to kill me if they knew I'd posted this stuff.
Hee hee.
What's wrong with these people? Not that much actually, it's just office Christmas parties that make people go wrong.
I was thinking these people look perfectly pleasant. There just aren't enough of them. I like parties where you can keep moving and not have to park next to one particular couple the whole time. I fear the small group affair. I had your boss pegged for the Morris dancer before you said the other guy was. That makes perfect sense though upon closer inspection.
I am SO glad people aren't posting photos of my party antics of days past. Boy am I glad no one blogged back then. Eek!
My "Beyonce" consisted of big giant show hair and lots of gold bling on top of a short jacket that had gold thread laced in. It was more of an essence of her than a direct impersonation. There was no dancing involved. I tried to channel Beyonce's confidence and Diva qualities for the most part. It's for my own internal amusement really.
And yes. Jamey's parties are very respectable but sometimes they'll get a comedian for entertainment and he'll remind you why Christians get made fun of so much. Last year we had a funny guy though, I must say. ;}
These folk are fine to work with, Shan but socialising with them is a nightmare. They have to share their brain cell around.
The main office party will have many times that number of people and be consequently even more awful. Hee hee.
I love your Beyoncé tale. I just wish I could have seen it, though they might not have let me in to Jamey's party.
They all look fun and...Amanda has nice earrings.
Genevieve is very attractive. I think Gayle is you, secretly.
Christmas party hats are the best. For those who don't know, they come in all sorts of loud colours and, depending on the calibre of Christmas cracker they may last longer than the first course. Expensive crackers have some decent goodie inside which you might actually use, e.g. a small bottle of perfume or a pretty compact (Fortnums) or a mini pack of cards or a plastic puzzle, plus the hats. The cheaper ones tear as you put them on, so guests sit there in lopsided bits of garish paper on their heads. I insist on them being worn during Christmas dinner. It's compulsory. People WILL have fun.
Some of them seem to have auras coming out of their heads...
Hee hee, Lynn. Gayle is not usually that grumpy; Gen caught her at the wrong moment.
Like Donna, Gen is attractive until she opens her mouth; with Donna's grating Kiwi ack-sint yelling across the office from just beside my ear to Gen's nasal whine of a "Lloyd Grossman" transatlantic drawl yelling right back at her I am glad to have a couple of days a week working from home.
Amanda has almost as many pairs of earrings in her locker as she does stacks of stiletto-heeled shoes piled under her desk.
You are SO spot on about Christmas hats and crackers.
Maria: some of them should have axes coming out of their heads.
Post a Comment