Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy Christmas, Rich

This one's for our Rich, who picked up on the extreme dodginess of yesterday's last photo.
To go with that photo, here's a Christmas song (yes, you heard; curmudgeonly Old Dive is posting a Christmas song) from more innocent days.

Do listen to all of this. It starts a bit crappily but after the first minute you'll begin to see what made this a kiddies' favourite back in the days when songs about … er … pædophilia could be happily sung around the playground.
Play it to your own kids on Christmas morning. The little tykes will merrily sing it all day long.


18 comments:

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

'Play it to your children on Christmas morning'? Dive? Are you kidding? Please. Behave.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

By the way I do remember this but don't recall it being popular with anyone!

dive said...

Hee hee hee!

Anonymous said...

Christmas songs of any description?
Next you'll be drinking hearty cups of whale flavoured egg nog.

Bah freakin Humbug.

BTW you and Lynn are tied neck and neck in the christmas comp.
As for the rest of blogville, come on over and have a go, I seriously need the floor space!!!!!

savannah said...

sick, but funny...like a benny hill sketch1 ;) xoxox

merry christmas, dive-alish! (you believe, i know!)






(it's not me, it's the hangover talking.)

dive said...

Whalemeat, yes, but eggnog? Never! Ick!
I'm tied with Lynn?
I suggest a guitar play-off to decide the winner.

And yes, everybody else should get across to yours and play the game.

Savannah: it's amazing what we liked when we were kids. Hey ho.
Merry Christmas to you too!
Enjoy your hangover.
xoxox

Katie said...

Never heard this song before, but it does have a very catchy tune, and easy to remember lyrics, so I'll probably be singing it all day. (Quietly of course, as I'll be at work and don't want to offend any lawyers. Ha!) I agree with Savannah -- sick but funny. So of course I love it!

dive said...

"Father Christmas!"
I'm sure your lawyers would love to sing along, Katie.
The guy who wrote and sang this is now officially a "national treasure" and presents all our wildlife and birdwatching TV programmes.
It's a funny old world.

Shan said...

Oh dear. Well, I do love that Santa please stop card. That is a real kick in the pants. Did you meddle with it or did it really say that?

I prefer Tim Allen as Santa Clause because he reminds me of a comedian friend of mine (I hope that's why anyway). I was just watching A Christmas story last night though and I love how Santa makes all the kids cry and then they get pushed screaming down the slide. Most of my early pics with Santy show me crying it up in the photos so I can totally(ok not TOTALLY) relate to the Do not touch me song! Strange scary men sporting beards and bad breath indeed.

Oh, I put a card up on my blog for everyone. It's not edgy enough for your collection but it's definitely another Photoshop extravaganza. :D

Petrea Burchard said...

Savannah has it on the nose (the bright red nose, I might add). It goes right along with the Santa Stop card.

But Katie, I think the lawyers would love it.

dive said...

Shan, I SO love your card! Absolutely brilliant!

As for "I've been a good girl, please stop", I didn't have to change a thing; those lovely folk at engrish.com found it in a Japanese shop window and I thought it went really well with today's song.

And big, fat old men with beards looming at little kids is enough to frighten anyone!

Petrea, I do love your hat. And what a mischievous smile, too! Hee hee.
If only the real Santa looked that good.

Anonymous said...

Have a nice week Dive and Happy
Chrstmas.
Soon and again.

Maria said...

Liv never much liked Santa either. And it made me think. Her problem with the tooth fairy was that it creeped her out to think that a little old woman was going to steal inside our home to swipe children's teeth.

And with Santa, it was the same thing. It bugged her to think of some strange man jumping on our roof with a bunch of deer and then sliding down our chimney.

I mean, it really is creepy when you ponder it properly.

Petrea Burchard said...

Thanks, Dive. It was taken last year when I was reveling in the clementine harvest (like tangerines only much better). We didn't have such a good harvest this year. Drought! Next summer I'm going to water the tree.

dive said...

Happy Christmas Anonymous! Have a wonderful holiday.

Maria: You have brought Liv up right. Well done! There's nothing so creepy as kids' stories and fairy tales. Brr.

Oooh, clementines! Yummy!
Thanks for the explanation, Petrea; I confess the fruit had me baffled. Oh, to live in a climate where I could grow those!
Sigh …

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

Happy Christmas to you too, Dive. This song is a pretty sketchy to say the least. Thanks for the laugh.

|All of those old nursery Rhymms and fairy tales should be burned in a pile and swept into a hole for eternity.

MmeBenaut said...

Yep, especially the one about Cinderella and her wicked stepmother! As a stepmother, I take great offense at that one.

I do rather like the one about London Bridge burning down though!

Ouch!

dive said...

Happy Christmas AND Happy Birthday, young Rich!

Hee hee, Mme. I must confess to singing that one when walking across it from time to time