I think the past few weeks at work where the term "busy" has been driven to insane extremes, followed by the equally deranged crap-fest of Christmas has traumatised my grey matter, Lucio. I need to truly relax before I can restart the old neurons, so it may be a while before anything worthwhile appears here.
i love it! the meter, not your brain collapse ;) it's kind of how i'm feeling today. we're now setting up my MIL's room, so once again, there are boxes in the den that need to be in another room. (damn, once the construction starts we'll be doing this again!!!) xoxoxo
one good thing, this is another short week1 xoxoxo
I say let your brain idle on "Don't Care" for a while. I do hope you can truly relax, unwind and recharge. Easy for me to say though, since I live in mellow CA and I spend way too much time with my brain on idle.
Katie: I think I need to get out and get some fresh air; walk up the coast or something; but the weather is so crap that I fear I'll be stuck indoors until next year. Sigh … Oh, to live in mellow CA!
Lynn: Okay, so technically it is a post but it's pretty darned crappy so I'm not counting it. And I am living proof that reading fucks you up. I read more than anyone I know but I have the mind of a jellyfish.
You are wonderfully well read, Dive and I don't believe a word of your jelliness. lol. Your words about my being a wonderful Mum over at mine, had me in tears by the way. x
I'm registering at "Meh". I like that. I finished entertaining relatives yesterday and I want to do nothing of importance. It was very warm here today. We took the dogs for a walk. I took a nap. I read for a while. We have tons of leftovers so I am not cooking. Everyone fends for themselves tonight.
You probobly cant have one without the other. Your brain wouldnt be surprised (or in the 'holy shit') mode if it weren't exposed to boredom at some stage. Are you bored Dive, or do you just 'not care'?
In the meantime, you might like to try a pasta dish I invented last night.
For every serve, the sauce will require approximately: 200 grams of tuna, 2 generous handfuls of (re-hydrated) dried watercress, 10 (re-hydrated) dried Shiitake mushrooms, 2 tablespoons of pesto (dried tomato), a fistful of walnuts (or pine nuts), 2 chopped tomatos, 1 medium onion and 1 clove of garlic.
Fry onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent, then add the the remaining ingredients. Simmer for five minutes. Add to your chosen pasta. Top with cheese.
Neetzy: Meh is good. Relaxing and reading while everybody sorts out their own meals sounds a pretty idyllic day. It is freezing here and I spent yesterday doing the housework and ironing so more fool me.
Hi, Dot: I'm just "duh" at the moment. I'm not bored; I have plenty to do but I have absolutely no inspiration or motivation. Hence the string of crap filler posts.
Lucio: What a mouthwatering recipe. I shall be making a variety of that today. I don't use grams, but I have a big hunk of triple-A-grade sashimi-quality tuna here, some fresh watercress, fresh shiitake mushrooms, home-made pesto, lots of walnuts and pine nuts, a veggie rack full of organic onions and garlic and some wonderful olive oil. Add to that a bewildering variety of pasta and some great organic Parmesan. If you're free around one, come and join me to stop me pigging enough food for two.
T: I'm glad it's not just me.
Nathalie: You'll notice I only skimmed the websites with the word "Nathalie" in them. Hee hee. Please see above for what I'll be doing with Lucio's recipe.
I'm feeling a bit the same, after the Xmas rush. I feel as though I could sleep for a week but the task of multiple cat feeding keeps me on my toes. I rather like your barometer.
Fresh - and organic - is always best. I was limited to the dried stuff because I haven't had a chance to get to the market this week.
And yes, vary away, chef!
As much as I'd love to pop in for a spot of lunch, Dive, for me to be there at one on any day of the week, and in any month of any year, requires at least a fortnight's notice. So I'll take a raincheck - which I expect to remain cashable for at least the next two years.
Enjoy. Oh - and post some photos of your Norwich variation on my Melbourne theme.
24 comments:
Well all still be here when the needle swings back to "Holy shit!", buddy.
I think the past few weeks at work where the term "busy" has been driven to insane extremes, followed by the equally deranged crap-fest of Christmas has traumatised my grey matter, Lucio.
I need to truly relax before I can restart the old neurons, so it may be a while before anything worthwhile appears here.
Oh hell do I want one of those!
Hee hee.
i love it! the meter, not your brain collapse ;) it's kind of how i'm feeling today. we're now setting up my MIL's room, so once again, there are boxes in the den that need to be in another room. (damn, once the construction starts we'll be doing this again!!!) xoxoxo
one good thing, this is another short week1 xoxoxo
Savannah, don't think about construction and disruption; you've got a birthday coming.
Enjoy!
xoxoxo
I say let your brain idle on "Don't Care" for a while. I do hope you can truly relax, unwind and recharge. Easy for me to say though, since I live in mellow CA and I spend way too much time with my brain on idle.
This IS a post, Dive. lol.
Get your nose into one of your excellent books Dive. Reading improves the mind.
Katie: I think I need to get out and get some fresh air; walk up the coast or something; but the weather is so crap that I fear I'll be stuck indoors until next year.
Sigh …
Oh, to live in mellow CA!
Lynn: Okay, so technically it is a post but it's pretty darned crappy so I'm not counting it.
And I am living proof that reading fucks you up. I read more than anyone I know but I have the mind of a jellyfish.
Hello may I post? Have a look at my blog Dive if you want to see cold weather.and your old mum was out in it where were you?
Love the meter though!!
You are wonderfully well read, Dive and I don't believe a word of your jelliness. lol. Your words about my being a wonderful Mum over at mine, had me in tears by the way. x
Cold, mum? It looks lovely and warm to me!
My pleasure, Lynn, though I am still disturbed by the plethora of erections on your post today.
I'm registering at "Meh". I like that. I finished entertaining relatives yesterday and I want to do nothing of importance. It was very warm here today. We took the dogs for a walk. I took a nap. I read for a while. We have tons of leftovers so I am not cooking. Everyone fends for themselves tonight.
You probobly cant have one without the other. Your brain wouldnt be surprised (or in the 'holy shit') mode if it weren't exposed to boredom at some stage. Are you bored Dive, or do you just 'not care'?
Dive: Understood.
In the meantime, you might like to try a pasta dish I invented last night.
For every serve, the sauce will require approximately: 200 grams of tuna, 2 generous handfuls of (re-hydrated) dried watercress, 10 (re-hydrated) dried Shiitake mushrooms, 2 tablespoons of pesto (dried tomato), a fistful of walnuts (or pine nuts), 2 chopped tomatos, 1 medium onion and 1 clove of garlic.
Fry onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent, then add the the remaining ingredients. Simmer for five minutes. Add to your chosen pasta. Top with cheese.
Simple, but surprisingly yummy!
I, too, am nearly brain dead.
I'm going to try posting again tomorrow.
Great stuff you found there. You may be brain dead but you're still bloody good at skimming the net for delightful material!
I'd be curious to know if Lucio's recipe brings back your brain (or taste buds) to the holy shit end of the scale?
Neetzy: Meh is good.
Relaxing and reading while everybody sorts out their own meals sounds a pretty idyllic day. It is freezing here and I spent yesterday doing the housework and ironing so more fool me.
Hi, Dot: I'm just "duh" at the moment. I'm not bored; I have plenty to do but I have absolutely no inspiration or motivation. Hence the string of crap filler posts.
Lucio:
What a mouthwatering recipe. I shall be making a variety of that today.
I don't use grams, but I have a big hunk of triple-A-grade sashimi-quality tuna here, some fresh watercress, fresh shiitake mushrooms, home-made pesto, lots of walnuts and pine nuts, a veggie rack full of organic onions and garlic and some wonderful olive oil.
Add to that a bewildering variety of pasta and some great organic Parmesan.
If you're free around one, come and join me to stop me pigging enough food for two.
T: I'm glad it's not just me.
Nathalie: You'll notice I only skimmed the websites with the word "Nathalie" in them. Hee hee. Please see above for what I'll be doing with Lucio's recipe.
yes I noticed and feel honoured LOL
I'm feeling a bit the same, after the Xmas rush. I feel as though I could sleep for a week but the task of multiple cat feeding keeps me on my toes.
I rather like your barometer.
Nathalie: hee hee.
Mme: I rather like your cats.
Fresh - and organic - is always best. I was limited to the dried stuff because I haven't had a chance to get to the market this week.
And yes, vary away, chef!
As much as I'd love to pop in for a spot of lunch, Dive, for me to be there at one on any day of the week, and in any month of any year, requires at least a fortnight's notice. So I'll take a raincheck - which I expect to remain cashable for at least the next two years.
Enjoy. Oh - and post some photos of your Norwich variation on my Melbourne theme.
Laughing. Only YOU, Dive, could get a slew of comments on a post about not posting...
Too late, Lucio. I made it and ate it.
Next time, maybe.
Maria: I think that says more about my lovely blogpals than it does about me.
Post a Comment