Having been juggling the start of the busy season at the office (with nineteen - count the fuckers - contracts starting on sites all around the country, averaging £2.5million each) with weeks of cramming hard for my end of year Japanese exams (the final two of which I sat last night), I can smell burning and suspect that I may have fried my brain.
Add to that a panicky morning when we found that one of the girls in the office had gone missing (she'd changed for a party before leaving the office yesterday and all her stuff was still here this morning).
Her daughter confirmed that she had not returned home and she could not be found by friend nor relative nor fellow party-goer and had switched off her phone.
Cue the police …
Hey ho … All in all a pretty shitty morning until she just called in, having woken up in an old deckchair in her elderly parents' shed, several miles from her home, "feeling a little sick and feverish" … Ha! I should hope so! Bloody kids!
Anyhoo … I'm emotionally trashed at the moment so I'll have to do the blog rounds when I get home tonight.
Talk amongst yourselves …
8 comments:
you poor darling! and on a friday, too! xoxoxo
Should have been a deck chair in your shed, old son !
We'll be quite happy to talk amongst ourselves for a spell.
Perhaps you're out at lunch. Crumbs, it's years since the days of the long Friday lunches.
A few beers on a Friday night in summer is fine, or even at chez-moi, with a few deck chairs in the shed and .....Sounds like I'm talking to myself.
I see what you mean about fried brains !
Oh goodness! Glad she's just young and "dumb" not dead! Once Jamey came home from work and told me that one of my loved ones was missing and my relative had called him instead of me because he didn't want to make me sad himself I guess(???). It was a weird feeling of fear and shock that washed over me and my world went in slo-mo for a while. Then I just cried and worried off and on for a couple of days.
He turned up in another city a couple of days later having missed business meetings and appointments not thinking to call anyone. It was something of a breakdown. I've worried about him ever since. Life is too kinesthetic sometimes. And too booze filled as well.
One of my closest friends is also studying Japanese. I'm still working on English. ;) Good weekend!
Can you fry brains like bacon and eggs?
I'm not having them for breakfast.
I'll go have a glass of Chardy at the benauts
That story of the girl from your office was scary. After a few glasses of Chardy perhaps she'll tell you all about her wild night. Or perhaps she doesn't remember.
6:04 PM
I'd say she definitely doesn't remember Nathalie and I think we have some fine Aussie chardonnay somewhere for you. I'll see if we can find a deck chair but I guarantee you will be safe from harm down here.
Sorry Dive dear, just talking amongst ourselves.
I hope you whizzed the exams. Konichi wa. Well, perhaps I should have put that at the beginning.
I hope that the brains are recovering because with 19 contracts things are going to get much worse before they get better. Lucky for the schools that we know what fine brains you have!
Sayonara until you're up to talking again. xx
Thank you, Savannah.
I NEED the weekend!
xoxox
Monsieur, I always avoided the long Friday lunches. I would get sleepy in the afternoon then fall asleep on the train and wake up with a stinking headache. I cannot drink at lunchtime.
Shan: She certainly is dumb! Though at 32, she's still not quite old enough to know better.
Kids! Huh!
Nathalie: Not only is my brain fried, but also scrambled.
Mme: I did indeed ace the exams. I won't get the official results until late summer but I finished with time enough to spare to copy out all of my work on some rough paper and smuggle it out to Mayuko who declared it flawless.
Woohoo! Cramming does work.
I'm having a day or so away from blogging, though. I need to just chill. If I blog when I'm not in the mood it sucks.
Have a great weekend with MB and the cats. xx.
Wow Dive, your work sounds a bit stressful. Yikes - so many contracts! I hope you've had a relaxing Saturday away from it all.
Glad to hear the girl from work was ok. I hope that teaches her a lesson about over-indulgence. Luckily the few times I drank a bit more than I should have were in college, and my friends took care of me. I learned my limit (eventually), but I still haven't lived down passing out in front of a cathedral in the snow and having to be dragged back to the dorm.
Ah...those long lost days of waking up in a deck chair in a shed....
Post a Comment