I rather enjoyed the
photo I took of the wet stuff in St.James's Park the other day, so I've been ambling around the nether parts of London, pointing my camera at swirlies.




Actually, this is pretty addictive, so expect more of the same on an occasional basis.
18 comments:
Wonderful photos - except the oil slick one although it does make pretty patterns. xxx Mme
Thank you so much, Mme.
Actually, the "oil slick" one was taken last spring; it is tree pollen blown into a corner of St.James's Park lake.
XOX
Incredible Dive. How creative your mind is. That first one, goodness! I shall be looking down from now on.
You're too kind, Lynn.
My mind has been called many things; usually variants on "sick", so to have it called "creative" has made it all bashful.
gorgeous images, sugar! what a lovely present on a dreary day!
I can't see the ground! We are in the middle of another snowstorm. We have had over 2 feet since the beginning of December. They have actually issued a Snow Emergency warning on the radio for today. From now till evening with snow falling at an inch an hour at times. Guess a White Christmas is a definite!
Savannah: You are more than welcome.
Prudence: YIKES!!!!!
I know you live in a beautiful place but the amount of snow you have horrifies me.
I look forward to some more gorgeous photos though.
Keep warm!
Watching the movement of water is so fascinating—great pictures, Dive.
Cool pics, in fact they'd be great white matted and framed for the wall. Definately more fish fart pics please.
Robyn and Kate: Thank you so much. I'll endeavour to freeze my butt off down by the river more often.
Those are so cool! Isn't it wonderful how a camera can give us such a different perspective on things?
Thanks, Katherine. It's a constant source of amazement to me; the crowds of people who walk past stuff like this without stopping to look. I walk through the parks in the morning and I'm just about the only person there. The hordes of other commuters stick to the noisy, polluted and overcrowded footpaths to either side.
Crazy.
Dive, your creative talent is only exceeded by your modesty.
Lovely photos, old son !
Hee hee. As a fully paid up member of The Fat, Ugly, Balding Middle-aged Men's Club, I am extremely susceptible to flattery, Monsieur B.
Cheers!
Very relaxing and like Prudence...I am so damn sick of the snow "alerts" and "winter storm warnings" that just knowing that water doesn't have to be in frozen form is almost delicious.
And to think in July, I was complaining about the heat. God, I was an idjit. Now, I pine for warm. PINE for it.
I would love these framed and on my wall - so artistic Dive - I am impressed, not surprised just impressed!!!
PS Tomorrow i'm dedicating my post to you and your singing Reindeer - be afraid - be very afraid!!!!
Maria: If ever the three of you need a break from the extreme weather, you're more than welcome over here.Though you and Liv would probably be left to your own devices while Bing and me played in the recording studio. Hee hee.
Jules: Thank you. I am not artistic; I just like walking along the side of rivers and lakes and pointing a camera at the nice bits.
And I look forward with creeping dread to your next post!
Hmmm... they are pretty! :D
Please forgive me if my visit to you blog in the next couple of weeks will be slightly intermittent, as I am home in Manila spending some lovely time with my closest and dearest, while basking in the sun. Your visits to my blog/s, however, are much appreciated!
joy
Norwich Daily Photo
The Goddess In You
Your Love Coach
Post a Comment