Peahen pops in to the Pit of Sadness, for coffee and a raucous chortle (and to raid my CD and DVD collection).

And here is the Empress Palpatine of her very own Evil Software Empire atacking my iTunes.
Yes I know that's a cranberry and raspberry smoothie; we had the coffee earlier. Don't be so bloody pedantic.
Peahen's blog lives a good three hour drive away, so naturally she wears her most sensible driving shoes (not) and stripey tights for sad old Dive (in colour, too, Sassy).
As it's a lovely day, we decide to drive up to Kett's Hill (see glorious socialist peasant uprising post), where we proceed to follow Kurt Vonnegut's excellent advice from his latest book, A Man Without A Country: "We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different."

… and watch the sun go down behind the cathedral.
After which, we come home to laugh at Knudsen's blog and watch a movie before the real fun starts …
Peahen has a Superpower (see my earlier post on Superpowers [about halfway down the Scunthorpe post]). She has had this power for all the years I have known her, but today the force is strong in her.
Peahen's admittedly crap superpower is the ability to lose her keys even if they are nailed to her head.
I have to leave for Japanese classes in a few minutes, so we say our farewells and head out to 'Fester', Peahen's magnificent car. Only Peahen cannot find her keys …
Oh, well. We are used to this. It happens every single time we meet.
So we look in all the usual places …
Then we check my car …
Then we look in all the usual places …
Then we check my car again …
Then we tear the house apart, strip out the car and start to panic …
Then we grab a Maglite from my kitchen cupboard, leap into the Divemobile and tear-arse back into the city (at evening rush hour) to search Kett's Hill in the dark for a car key with a black fob …
… in - as I said - the dark …
Luckily, I know all the back alleys and council estate short cuts in my lovely little city, so we do an "Italian Job" through the rush hour traffic and skid to a gravelly halt on top of Kett's Hill.
And THERE IS HER FUCKING KEY!
Well Whoop-di-doo! It only takes a couple of minutes to find it. It must have fallen off Peahen's lap as she got out of the car.
So we "Italian Job" it back out of the city and somehow I make it to Japanese classes (twenty miles in the opposite direction) bang on time.
My car, however, suffers a nervous breakdown (as - almost - do I, when, having skidded and screeched through the traffic and round some particularly nasty back routes at very, very illegal speeds, Peahen says "I think I'd better put my seatbelt on") …
After all that, Japanese classes are a piece of cake …
8 comments:
That 'finding of the key' bit was great.Things like that kinda take one out of oneself.
I think there must have been some stripey tight power going on there to find those keys. That nearly violated the laws of physics.
The Slow Dancer drives fast?
shes cute.
If I knew you had company I would of put something funny up, I second Taihae.
Cute … Hee hee.
Monster software developer? Yes;
Brilliant stained glass artist? Yes;
Boffo gigging musician (trumpet, cornet, piano, guitar)? Yes;
Great cook? Yes;
Too bloody talented for her own good? Yes;
… but cute?
I think you two are in Peahen's good books.
… yeah, she's cute. Great boots, too. Peahen has this Imelda Marcos thing going on.
And Sassy; the slow dancer drives sensibly and within the law. Except when that track day grin spreads across my face …
Cute?! Dizzy more like. You were brilliant, Dive. While I had my head in my hands going "My God, I'm sorry Dive", you barely paused to pull on your "PantsMan" mask, tights and cape before whirling through the house taz-fashion and declaring it Fester-key-free. After whisking us back to Kett's Hill you were sweeping the ground like a minesweeper while I just looked for my own torch.
I think you're way too kind to me. I couldn't knock out a single chord on a guitar now and I'm cacking myself about cracking a 2-minute silence on Sunday morning with the Last Post at Newhall Church.
Wow!
You get to do the Last Post at the Remembrance Sunday service?
Cool!
Well done you.
And yes, I know I'm brilliant (hee hee).
what a great friendship you two have--the key thing would have made some of my friends absolutely hate me. What a guy. And yes Peahen, you're adorable, and so many talents!
Post a Comment