Hey, kids! Here's a game you can play anywhere, even by yourself - though like most things, it's more fun with more than one … and funnier when you're drunk.
I call it Scunthorpe after that old chestnut about Scunthorpe being excluded by search engine filters (don't pretend you don't know why). It's basically finding words within other words, like "Who put the turd in Saturday?"
Easy as that.
There are millions of 'em. Most aren't funny, but some are smeared with giggle cream. Here's a few to get you started:
- Is that Stan in the distance?
- Who put semen in the basement?
- Ugh! It's their daughter!
- Who put that twat in the hot water tank? (thanks, Michael for that one).
- Ow! I've got gin in my vagina!
- Who sent NATO into Chinatown?
- Who put ours in yours?
- Who let her in here?
- What the fuck are we doing in Wensleydale?
And my personal favourite: Who put the lie in believe?
If you've found any really funny ones, please stick 'em in the comments box.
Hey! Superpowers! Yaay!
It has slowly dawned upon me over the decades, that I have never once lost a sock in the wash. NEVER! That realisation got me wondering and I've come up with a theory:
Everybody has a superpower.
That's my theory …
I mean, some lucky buggers like Superman and Spidey have fabulous powers; others, like Buffy or The Shoveller, have lesser, but still rather super powers.
I now believe - after much observation and several drinks - that we ALL have a superpower, but it's up to us to discover just what that superpower is.
It turns out that mine is the power to NEVER lose a sock in the wash.
So maybe it won't save the world, but in its own small way, I have found it both useful and comforting.
If you have discovered your superpower, please let me know (comments box again). Perhaps we could form a group of very minor superheroes who could pack up some sandwiches and a nice thermos of tea, take a bus somewhere and help someone in a trivial but comforting way.
"Here are your socks, ma'am."
And we could dress up and wear capes!
Look out, it's homework time again:
Today's phrase you must use in your next telephone conversation: Well hung.
Today's track to track down: Mountain Trip To Japan, 1959, by The Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players.
This one's easy: you just click on their link in my Lovely Links section.
Hey, I "blogwhacked" with the Trachtenburgs! I put them in my "favourite music" on my profile page, and it came up with only ONE other person in the whole blogsphere who linked to them, too. Hopefully that will change now, because the Trachtenburgs are a not unmighty force, but a big howdy to giseladabomb for her impeccable musical taste.
Today's reading assignment: The Catcher In The Rye. Best book ever. Nuff said.
Today's fact: Up until 1919, every fifth American President was left-handed.
1 comment:
hey, that's me! It's amazing what you find when you google yourself. You are the first person to recognize the fact that i have impeccable musical taste. I sincerely thank you for that.
Yeah, I saw the Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players in New Orleans several years ago when the girl was only 11 or so. Good stuff.
Post a Comment