In all of the photos you've posted from this exhibit, Dive, what amazes me most is the seeming disengagement of the viewers - the man in Bermuda shorts, this woman in the yellow dress, etc.
It was such a strong exhibition, plonked right on the riverbank by Tower Bridge for the duration of the Olympics and Paralympics. Most people walking around it seemed stunned rather than disengaged. I knew the photographs, being a longtime fan of Stoddart, so I spent a few minutes taking shots of the people looking at them.
4 comments:
In all of the photos you've posted from this exhibit, Dive, what amazes me most is the seeming disengagement of the viewers - the man in Bermuda shorts, this woman in the yellow dress, etc.
I like to think he's catching them when they're engaged with a picture outside his camera's eye.
I like the way you framed this one, Dive.
Another powerful contrast. World of comfort and safety -- world of poverty and danger.
It was such a strong exhibition, plonked right on the riverbank by Tower Bridge for the duration of the Olympics and Paralympics. Most people walking around it seemed stunned rather than disengaged. I knew the photographs, being a longtime fan of Stoddart, so I spent a few minutes taking shots of the people looking at them.
Post a Comment