This was taken at the start of last Friday's office day trip (where we went will be revealed in due course), before the clouds and rain roared in and made much moistness, as predicted in Friday's subject-related post.
Anyhoo … Who can resist Saint Paul's in the sun? I only wish the churchyard was still as it was in Dickens' day: a warren of small press printing sheds and booksellers, clustered around the walls. It was like that in Shakespeare's day, too, even though it was a different cathedral back then before the fire. Whither London's small presses? Alas, they are scattered to the suburbs. There's a lovely one on Rochester Row a few doors from my old office but they're miles apart now, which is a great shame for a lover of small press books like myself. Hey ho.
Enjoy Saint Paul's and have a spiffy Sunday.
If you want something to read and a giggle, try this.

10 comments:
That is rather a nice photo. looking forward to the rest of the London day out.
It's actually three photos joined together in Photoshop; you can't get far enough away from St.Pauls' to get the whole thing in the frame.
That's a beautiful picture, Dive. I wish I could knit like you, but it never occurs to me to even take a picture or 3 to knit.
When you can't fit the whole thing in the viewfinder, Speedway, knitting is the only option.
You Brits have so many pretty buildings. Not fair.
Hey! You've got Disneyland.
Er …
Very nice photo of a magnificent building. Looking forward to seeing more of your day trip and your stellar commentary :-)
I loved Katherine's story! Good giggle for a Sunday. Hope yours has been spiffy!
I hate colds. I'd go out to buy one about as much as I'd get drugs from a dealer. I hate the way either of them makes me feel. That said, I'm trying to fight off my seasonal change-of-season-turning-on central-heating-cold because it necessitates cold meds. Bleh. >:-b
I loved the image of Katherine's subject sneaking out to the corner to buy some sniffles, though.
Yeah, Disneyland, but your wacky buildings are real. I once climbed an interior stairway to the top of St. Paul's. The stairway was completely open and unprotected--I could have fallen several stories to my death at any time. Not that I would have. I remember thinking, "I could never have this much fun in litigious America."
I might buy a cold if I could save it for when I need an excuse.
Thank you, Ms.M. More from the day trip later.
Speedway: me, too.
Petrea, you are a brave woman. That staircase scares the willies out of me.
Post a Comment