Thursday, March 26, 2009

Yet More Nada

Here's another perennial chestnut while I'm blog-dry:

Cocks, balls and Shakespeare, from today's Guardian.

16 comments:

savannah said...

i'll be smiling all day! thanks, sugar xoxoxo

dive said...

Some of these people go to weird lengths to avoid their names, Savannah. I know a family of Sidebottoms (a perfectly fine name) who open themselves to justifiable ridicule by insisting it is pronounced "siddie-botham".
Hey ho.
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Elmer Fudpucker is still my favorite name.

Katie said...

I saw a letter at work yesterday from a Richard Dicker. I sure hope he went by Rich for short.

Shan said...

Siddiebotham? You've got to be kidding! That does deserve even more ridicule than the first. I remember Saturday Night Live did a pretty funny take on people insisting different pronunciations of their names such as Mr. As weep aye (@$$wipe) and so on.

My first grade teacher was Mrs. Burpo but that isn't as bad as the lower end names out there.

Yeah, I've got nothing for the blog but more pics of my kids on the town this week. Maybe I'll do a montage at the end to not bore everyone to tears with our Spring break action. I haven't actually written on my blog for months. Pity that. I imagined that you reeled in horror at my house-o-kid party when you saw it and that gave me a giggle. You should have seen the rednecky paint ball/b.b. gun target shooting in the back yard. It was very "local" to say the least. heehee

Anonymous said...

"What's in a name? That which we call a cock By any other name would smell as sweet . . ." Nah, doesn't work!

(Thanks to Jeff who quoted the Mastur(bater) on PDP)

Katie: I tell my boss his mom gave him the perfect name, it is Richard, but he knows what I mean!

Maria said...

I grew up with a Harry Butt and a Holly Wood....

dive said...

Hee hee, y'all!
I must confess my favourite silly named person (yes, she exists and actually married into that name knowing full well what she was doing) is Norfolk's own Megan Bacon.
Yay!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Dive. can you blog about your weeding or whatever is distracting you from your blog world? Piles of leaves raked from the gardens, a status report on guerilla tree-planting? I just saw a rabbit leaving one of my flower gardens, so I'm sure that they're casing the place for nest-building. Oh, isn't early spring wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I knew a woman with the last name of Loveless. Not so unusual, but that was her married name, her maiden name was Wildmen.

Anonymous said...

NEWDICK????!!!!!

LMAO!!! Now THAT'S a NEW one to ME!!!

HEY DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVEY BOY!!!

Guess whoooooooooooooooooo???

;)
x
o
x

Anonymous said...

It's not me above!

dive said...

Hi, Lupine Lady.
Unfortunately, it has been work that has kept me from both blogging and weeding this week.
Hey ho. Maybe I'll get to enjoy spring later.

Cali: Oh, that poor woman!

Ame? Holy crap, where have you been?

Anonymous: I know. It's Ame. Be afraid …

Anonymous said...

Nobody can scare me!

Memoirs of a Heroinhead said...

Holding that guitar got you 7000+ profile views - Well done! I think I'll try that.

Ian Dury is what brought me here... I'm the worst socialist in the world (well almost.)

Best Wishes, Shane

"Horse Turd Paparazzi!" LOL! said...

I've been here all aloooooong!

And I miss ya...so just had to pop back in here and say HOWDEEEEE!

Heading out to grab a bite to eat then will come back and unload!

Have any natto lately? ;)

Hugs & Smooches!!!
Moi
=)))))
xoxo