It took its sweet time geting here this year but at last Spring has turned up in my garden and the plum trees outside my bedroom window are going at it like sexed-up teenagers.

Tis the season for everything in the northern hemisphere to get it on.
Except undatable Dive, of course; I have to mow the lawn …
26 comments:
So sad. I hope the burgeoning spring brings a better social life to the Dateless Dive.
Thanks for give us your garden's
nice active plum trees.
Dear,may I wish you a lovely spring
with everything you could dream of.
Lupine Lady: Yay for Spring! I am quite happy about it all … er … except maybe the lawnmowing and weeding and sheesh; the ground elder has returned to my front garden, so it's time to wage war once again.
Anonymous: Thank you, but my dreams are way too weird for me to wish them to come true.
It is Springy here also. I can finally get to my BBQ grill and have treated the family to three meals from it so far this week. I had to stop in the road on my way to work this morning to let a fat partridge skip across. Soon we will be watching the bulbs poke through the last of the snow and we can finally let out our breath.
Shush with that "undatable" business.
I wish we'd hurry up and get spring here. It's starting to warm up, but still no flowering buds on the trees.
Yikes! I've been checking on what ground elder is and found that, here, it's called bishop's weed or gout weed (among others). I don't envy you--war, it IS! I've been very lucky not to have that, although I do have other invasive weeds that drive me crazy. I even have a nifty book called Weeds of the Northeast that gives them all names complete with photos of seeds, seedlings and mature plants. I met a man on a garden tour who said he calls it railroad plant because he purposely dug one up by a local small railroad to bring into his garden. I couldn't believe it. Controlling that will keep you busy and out of trouble. Good luck. More photos please.
Sorry, more garden photos.
I know,I know......
But,first,you have something to
clarify yourself......
May I write something to help a bit
"The poorest of all man is not a man without a cent but a dream without a dream" Paulo Coelho.
Sorry,Its: "...a MAN without..."
Yay, Prudence! It's not warm enough for BBQ here yet, but Spring is definitely on its way at last.
Robyn: you're off to New England next week, so it will seem nice and warm and springlike coming home again.
Lupine Lady: Yes, ground elder runs commuting a close second when it comes to banes of my life. I've come to the conclusion that the only way around it is to move to an apartment in a high-rise block and barricade myself in with a flamethrower.
Anonymous: Poets have too much time on their hands. I'm old enough to know that dreams don't come true, they just screw you up, so I avoid them whenever possible.
Yes, but who wants to live in an apartment block with a flame thrower when you could be out in the garden.
Pretty plum blossom. i hope the bees are out and about so you will have lovely plums - do they ripen in summer/autumn?
It's really a pity if you think that you have written but I don't believe at your sincerity about.
May we exchange again about this idea?
I v'll tell you one or two opposite
things about. Now,for you,time to sleep with "weird(???)dreams"!!!. Have a sweet night:tomorow it's
Spring.
Our trees aren't blossoming yet, but what is the matter with those Brit women? You must invite them over to share one of your wonderful meals. (That's how my hubby finally got to me).
A poem about spring as told to me by my father:
Spring has sprung, the grass has riz, I wonder where the birdies is.
Birdies flying in the sky, dropping white things in your eye. Aren't you glad that cows don't fly?
Thank you, thankyouverymuch!
Aaaaah poppycock. Lovely fleurs Dive.
I am watching the trees in our yard carefully....so far nothing more than a few small buds. But, Spring is very very close. I can feel it in the air.
Lupine Lady: I wish I had the time to garden these days.
Sigh … Commuting is rotten.
Mme: The bees are a buzzin'.
My plums like to wait until I'm off in London and then all leap off the tree onto the lawn and go rotten in a matter of hours, so I come home to a squishy mess.
Anonymous: You should know not to take me seriously. Everything on the blog is written with my tongue very firmly in my cheek.
Neetzy: I have no idea what's wrong with the weemen over here, but they seem to know exactly what's wrong with me and won't come near me.
Sigh …
Shazza: Hee hee hee!
Lynn: Poppys have cocks?
Maria: It's standing right behind you, giggling.
Oh! so uneasy for me to see the real or the virtual.
May have I to take anything as virtual?
Maybe,It would be better. But,I do
need a training.
You do just fine, Anonymous,
Just remember never to believe a word I say.
I walked out of my apartment the other day to the smell of something blooming...and then, last night, it snowed.
So, what's the interest?
Is'it only a joke?
Do you forget you have once told me where I could find the"real"Dive
do you? Hee Hee
T: That sucks.
Anon: Some of what I write is real and a whole lot of it is utter tosh. Even the real stuff is facetious, so best not to believe a word and to treat Dive as the work of fiction he is.
You are absolutly right. Thanks.
Or of course I could be lying.
Hee hee hee!
I w'll come and w'll see by myself!
Hee hee hee!
Post a Comment