Sunday, March 22, 2009

Smothering Sunday

Yay!

For anyone not in the US of A, today is Mothers' Day (I know, mum, I know … EVERY day is Mothers' Day).
Tradition states that we should post embarrassing photos of our mums but I'm over there for lunch today and I want to escape alive so the photo of mum as Butlins' "Miss Hot Pants" for nineteen-seventy-something stays locked in its box.

Instead, here's another one from Butlins that'll send mum scurrying down to the health club and dieting like crazy.
That's Karen (my cousin Trevor's girlfriend), mum in the middle and cousin Claire (who is now wider than she is tall) back in the days when we would take the entire clan to a holiday camp in Bognor or Skegness for a week in the summer and thrill to Knobbly Knees contests, donkey races, oompah bands and - in my case - food poisoning.

Happy Smothering Sunday, mum!

12 comments:

Scout said...

Your mom is a hottie. I'll pop over to her site and wish her a good day.

savannah said...

lovely! what a son y'all are, sugar! ;) xoxox

Alifan said...

Dive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!whoops

Shan said...

Woot ta wooh! Alifan's really rockin' those abs! You have some great pictures of her don't you? I love her personality as well! Hope you enjoyed your day together. I'll go wish her a happy Mumsy day. :)

Sassy Sundry said...

Oh my. That sends me to the gym.

Petrea Burchard said...

I'd have known her anywhere. Hope you two had a lovely day.

Sassy Sundry, I'll see you there.

Maria said...

God, if Liv ever publishes that photo of me in a bathing suit, I will...i will...I will...die.

Volmon said...

It's not Mother's Day here, Dive, but the nostalgia evoked by your post inspired me to blow my remaining mobile phone credit on a call to my mother. As always, I let her do most of the talking, which is just she likes it - an very unlike me, I must say! Anyway, it works.

neetzy said...

Your mom was as gorgeous then and she is today! Your mom reminds me of mine. My mom looked better in a bathing suit in her forties than I did in my twenties. Happy Mom's day Alifan!

Katie said...

Oh la la! What better way to celebrate Mother's Day than to feature your mum in a bikini. Er ... Great photo though Alifan, so you can't get too mad. Hope you had a delightful Mother's Day and that your sons were good to you.

MmeBenaut said...

Wow Alifan looks absolutely gorgeous - no wonder you're having a hard time finding a woman to measure up. Hee, hee.
Happy Mother's Day Alifan! Ours is in May and if my mother is lucky, I'll remember to send a card her way. She doesn't like us to make a fuss so we don't but we do acknowledge it one way or another, sometimes just with a phone call. It's a bit difficult to invite her over for Sunday roast when she lives about 2,500 kms away!

Shazza said...

Wow - am I allowed to say your Mom is HOT!?!