Sheesh!
GoogleMaps have at last included a whole bunch of English cities in their "Street View" thang, with the result that the kids have done no work whatsoever this morning as they've been ooh-ing and aah-ing over it.
It's on http://maps.google.co.uk/ if you want to play.
Even Pauline's been at it …
"Ooh, Dive! Come and see! Look at my lovely begonias!" (It seems Google did their photography last summer).
For goodness sake! It's Friday!
It's Friday Frenzy™ time and no bugger is getting any work done.
This will all end in tears.
Worst of all is - you guessed it - our beloved Amanda of little brain.
Pauline typed in the office postcode and was wandering up and down the virtual street, peering in to reception to see Fernando.
Amanda - bless her - shrieked "Hang on; I'm going to go outside and wave. See if you can see me!"
Before we could finish saying "Duh", she had dashed off to reception to wave out of the window at us.
She may be good at her job, but when it comes to reality our heroine is dumber than a box of rocks.
Thank God it's Friday. I'm not sure I can stand much more of this.
23 comments:
My colleagues and I were just discussing on this first day of spring we all are inclined towards the attitude of "Fuck-it-Friday!
I love to say "this will all end in tears" in a super somber voice. Bahaha Is that from the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy? I need to read those books with G boy one of these days. That movie slayed me.
My small town recently showed up on google maps too. It's funny because we have giant red bows and ribbons on our picket fence. It was obviously taken in December '07 because we didn't put them up this last Christmas. :) Happy Friday Dive!
Wave to me when you get this...I'm going to quick look up your work and see if I can see you or Amanda. ;)
Prudence, I would dearly love to have one of those, but Fridays here are the busiest days of the week and it's non-stop panic.
Hey ho.
Yikes, Shan! You liked the crap movie version? You really must read the books; they are some of the funniest things ever written, though most of the humour is very English and will mean nothing to Colonials.
I shall have to check out your hometown over the weekend. Luckily, my village is not likely to appear for a few years yet so I've got time to mow the lawn.
Please don't encourage Amanda; she's bad enough as it is. Hee hee.
Happy Friday! (mine will be happy when I get home tonight and fall exhausted into bed).
Happy Spring! I'm going to go outside and wave!
Sheesh! You're all as bad as one another!
Do you ever just want to smack that girl in the head for the hollow, bongo drum noise?
Obviously poor Amanda doesn't understand the difference between photos on GoogleMaps and live webcams. Tell her that if she ever goes to New Orleans there's a live webcam on Bourbon Street, and she could get stinking drunk and wear beads and then stand in front of the camera and wave and talk to people on the street walking by and you could all watch it on the webcam and laugh your asses off (and she'd be safely many miles away). I did that last year (well, I didn't get stinking drunk, but I was drinking a large beer at 3 pm) and my co-workers saved screen shots of me from the webcam. Maybe I'll post those tomorrow for fun.
In any event, Happy Friday!
T: It's more of a dull, hollow clonk.
Katie: There are so many things Amanda doesn't know the difference between. It gets scary sometimes.
We have SO got to see photos of you drinking beer on Bourbon Street!
Happy Friday to you, too (though I'm home for the weekend and you're not even having lunch yet; sorry about that).
Well, there goes 20 minutes of exploring unfamiliar street views of London. Actually, the bird's eye view of the British Museum Reading Room roof was quite beautiful. Never got down to the street view.
I almost missed seeing Katie on the New Orleans webcam. I thought to call her just past the appointed time and she rushed back to the cam to wave to us. How lucky!
Have a nice weekend, Dive. Maybe you can get out to weed. That's where I'm going.
Me too, I'm afraid, Lupine Lady. It's me, a flamethrower, a box of C4 explosive and a vat of hydrochloric acid versus the ground elder …
… and we all know I'm going to lose again.
it's the first day of spring all is forgiven! bless her heart! ;) xoxoxo
(thank you for your kindness and support!)
No way - she did NOT really do that?
Who the hell was I waving back to then? {:-})
Dive all of your yardwork weapons reminds me of going after gophers in California. Caddyshack revisited. Here I hunt voles.
Dive,I hope you are in a better mood:this evening,I'going and see the opera from the met in Live
in HD. I have booked a seat for you
So please,could you put on your springy fashonable suit and come and see the flirtarious Amina? I'm waiting for you.
Savannah: Welcome back!
xoxox
Shazza: She so did!
Lucio: Those mirrors sure are confusing things sometimes.
Lupine Lady: Good luck with the voles. At least bindweed's not cute so I don't feel bad about the mass slaughter I am committing.
Anonymous: I'm a bel canto boy. I won't be missing a Bellini.
Remember it starts an hour earlier than usual this week.
And if anyone else wants to dress up and meet us in the foyer of the NY MET via BBC Radio 3 at five PM GMT, we'll see you there.
Oh she didn't actually do that. Dive, are you making up stories??
She most assuredly did, Katherine. I don't need to make up stories when Amanda's around.
My mother used to have a saying at dinner time:
Laughter at the dinner table always ends in tears.
Now, is that STUPID or what?
Dive: Hee hee!
I have an additional problem. There's an old guy living in mine, who insists he's me.
Maria: You should know - being a mom - that mothers have an obligation to say dumb things to their kids.
Lucio: Yikes! You too? I think there must be some kind of conspiracy by mirror manufacturers.
I have the shaving mirror of Dorian Gray.
Hee hee. I love it. My street shows my car in the driveway, and my neighbor standing in her doorway staring at the camera guy with a questioning look on her face. "What's that guy doing with that camera...?"
I also love Google Earth. I learned my way around Paris with it, so I knew where I was going before I got there.
Hee hee, Petrea. I hope they give me some warning before they come around my way so I can mow the front lawn.
Post a Comment