Friday, January 16, 2009

Bummer

Until further notice the office servers are blocking blogs and my stupid commute means I don't have the time to blog unless I'm sitting in the office pretending to work.
The upshot of that is that I'll be posting and visiting a whole lot less.
Stop smiling, you bastards!

13 comments:

Katherine said...

WHAAAAA!!!!!

Tell them we are protesting here in the United States and if they don't comply with our wishes, we will inject fat into all your food items...even your lettuce.

dive said...

Er … You already did, Katherine. There's more fat, salt, sugar and calories in a Mc.D salad than I eat in a month.

Shan said...

Say what? Is this something they are doing on purpose? It's because of the Christmas party pics isn't it? :)
This is terrible news Dive. But I thought you wrote your posts on the commute and had wireless train internet or something. I don't understand how these things work. Now you are going to have to cram all of your blogging into the weekend and parcel it throughout the week. I think you'd better get started this very evening! Now go!!!

p.s. You don't have to read my post about Jamey becoming a cross dresser. You're not missing a thing over here I swear. keekeekee

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

I didn't know either, Shan, that Dive did his posting at work! I assumed on the train or just before bed or whatever. Mine only take about 10 mins, even the longer ones on the other blog. Mind you, Dive, yours are paaaaaaages long! Try them shorter?

Shazza said...

Hey Dive ol' pal - I really miss you. You're the bestest. Don't ever leave us Dude.

Katie said...

Duuuuuude that bites! I do hope you'll toss up a few weekend posts every once in a while, with recipes and pretty buildings and even your silly guitar collection. Is there a 12-step program for recovering Daily Dive addicts?

dive said...

Hi, Shan.
I do sometimes write posts on my commute but I use a pen and a notebook (I am very old-fashioned).
Wireless train internet?
WIRELESS TRAIN INTERNET?
Sheesh! What kind of trains do you have over there?
My train is made up of 45-year-old "slam-door" rolling stock that would shame a third world country and wireless internet on the move is something that costs more here than I earn.
I tend to blog over coffee at the office so now that means at least three days a week when I can't post or visit.
Thankfully it is Saturday here so - even though I'm just back from the city and I'm now going out again for the rest of the day - I cannot miss seeing Jamey cross dressing; I'm on my way over.

Lynn: I love to sort out the real readers form those with short attention spans. If anything I shall try to make my posts much longer now.
Hee hee.

Shazza: I'm still here, but I'll be harder to spot for a while.

Katie: If I get the time at weekends (which I won't this weekend) I'll try to do a post or two in advance. It does indeed bite.

savannah said...

*sigh*

and now this?

*sigh*

don't i have enough grief right now?

*another long sigh*

xoxoxox

Lulubelle B said...

Bloody Hell!! How am I supposed to start my day with out my dose of Dive?? And just when the bastard's been found and coerced into writing again...

"Where words are scarce, they are seldom spent in vain"

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Real readers doesn't come into it, Dive. It's all about time and space. You have to edit yourself that's all! Try working for a newspaper, it's very good practise. You have to get over the facts pretty succinctly and cut out unnecessary wordage. It really hurts at first, mind you, but we all tend to put in much more than is really readable. I challenge you to a 100 word post with your usual intellectual content.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

In fact, you just insulted your friends again, implying that those who read short posts are not real readers! Dive, you're incorrigible. You're lucky they keep coming back!

neetzy said...

I cannot post at work either. I hope you don't have to become an occasional post writer like myself.

Maria said...

Here is the stupid thing about me: I have a computer at work and I am one of the bosses, so I can read blogs or write posts whenever I wish at work.

I can't seem to do it. I feel like I am "cheating" by not doing "work" at work. So, instead, I read medical articles,etc.

Like WHO is going to care except for me???