Friday, July 04, 2008

Song For Katie

Hokay, so I can't stay curmudgeonly for long.

Thanks to Katie's reply to my earlier - somewhat cynical - post, here is the lovely Moon Unit Zappa singing the Californian State Anthem, "Valley Girls".

Totally!
Gag me with a spoon!
Whatever …

Enjoy your party, America. I'm only jealous.

16 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my gawd like TOTALLY! I'm freaking out!

I've actually never seen that video and it's too hysterically early 80s. The outfits and hair are just too much! Talk about groddy to the max. Thanks for transporting me back to high school, and admitting that you're actually a little jealous of us on this side of the pond. What's not to love about a country that can produce stuff like this??!

dive said...

Hee hee hee. How right you are, Katie.
Have a great day!

Katie said...

Dive you have a great rest of your day too! Thanks to you I'll have a delightful day because I'll be thinking "Could you like just picture me in a leather teddy? Yeah right, hurt me hurt me. I'm sure. No way!" And maybe I'll go shopping for a mini skirt. Thanks for a great kick-start for the long weekend!

dive said...

Hee hee hee. That thought is going to disturb me all day!

savannah said...

dude, i am so, like gonna, you know...raise a glass or more like totally jes fer yew tonight..or right now and into the night! xoxoxox

(think of all your american girls in mini's and/or sundresses today!) ;-)

Anonymous said...

two shite posts in a row.. get it together old boy. We are counting on your to be above the fray.
HAPPY 4TH! I will be significantly shite faced later and watch the fireworks from my deck with drink in hand.

Shazza said...

Like my mother like makes me do the dishes
Its like so gross...
Like all the stuff like sticks to the plates
And its like, its like somebody elses food, yknow
Its like grody...
Grody to the max


ohhhhh...memories!

Thanks Dive! I'll be saying: fer sure and grody to the max all weekend!

Pasadena Adjacent said...

Moon Unit Zappa is dressed less like a 1980's valley girl and more like a wife of a Utah/Texas compound polygamist.
The San Fernando Valley is the site of Southern California's contemporary porn industry.

Shan said...

That video is...embarrassing. Ah, but we know you like totally love your US of A rebel friends! And I have a theory your disdain for the great Youtube may be all talk as well. keekee ;)

My Ratch says "like" about 40 times more than any other word. Dreadful habit that. We are working on that currently. I hope it's not my fault in the first place. :}

Oh, and yes we WILL have a great 4th of July tonight. You should get up at the wee hours of the morning, look out your window and squint your eyes really hard. You just might catch a firework or two across the big waters. Good stuff.

dive said...

Savannah: Hee hee hee! The thought of you all dressed as Valley Girls will keep me giggling for ages (and probably disturb my dreams for some days to come.
Cheers!
xoxox.

Prudence: I am English. Today is not a day of celebration but of "What the fuck went wrong? Look what a monster we unleashed on the world!"
Do enjoy your fireworks. Like I say; I am only a jealous and grumpy old man.
And hey! What's wrong with Zappa?

Shazza: Grody indeedy. American is such a … like totally strange language. Party to the max all weekend.

Palm: Yes, she did strike me as somewhat incongruously dressed. But with a dad like hers …

Embarrassing, Shan? It's cool! Like totally!
Anyhoo, do enjoy your fireworks. If I'm woken in the middle of the night I'll know to blame you pesky Americans. Hee hee.

Anonymous said...

I'm just "yanking" (get it LOL Yank!!) your chain. No fire works yest it is still daylight although I ave made it my first pitcher of frozen whiskey sours, made it in the pool and have the pork tenderloin marinating.. so things are about to pop! Have a great night

Terroni said...

Nothing to be jealous of here. I spent most of the day suffering through a little nacho dip food poisoning.

The only thing I'm celebrating my independence from tonight is the damn toilet.

dive said...

Ooooh I LOVE whisky sours, Prudence. Dammit! It's breakfast time here so I cannot indulge.
Hope you had a great night.

T: Ew! Poor you.
Well, happy independence from the toilet day, anyway.

Maria said...

Oh, you would have loved the mulligatawny that I slurped last night....two huge bowls.

dive said...

Damn! It's breakfast time and now I have a jones for mulligatawny!

Istvanski said...

Nice song, shame about the video - but only to a point!
Never seen that one before. Zappa was a genius.