Sunday, July 27, 2008

Car Porn Summer - Week Three

Just a quicky tasty taster for yet more car porn to come as we have been at the Silverstone Classic meeting this weekend.

Jag porn.

Sir Stirling Moss's Aston Martin.
How sexy is that?

The view from the pit wall.
This close, the sound is amazing! Actually it tears your ears clean off.

Stirling's old Aston in action.

1970s Formula One cars screaming past our VIP lounge (YAY).

Right now I am super-pooped and going straight to bed. There will be more of this kind of nonsense all week.

15 comments:

Katie said...

Dive I thought of you yesterday when I saw a blue Lamborghini near Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. Talk about over the top car porn! There was a Rolls Royce parked behind it. Yes, I took a photo, which I'll post soon. I'm not happy to be back from vacation, but I am looking forward to catching up on your posts and videos and such!

dive said...

Yaay! Welcome bak, Katie!
Never mind the Lambo; you were in Rodeo Drive; did you SHOP?
I can't wait to see the photos and hear all about it.

Istvanski said...

Curves! Curves! Curves!

Classic car curves remind me of all those film actresses of the fifties and sixties for some reason.

dive said...

For the same reason they remind me of them, Istvanski. Hee hee.
It's a tragedy: women dressed and looked fabulous through the 1940s to the 60s and cars were dead sexy, too.
After 1970, women forgot how to dress and we got the Austin Maxi.
We had Audrey Hepburn and the Alfa Spider; we have Amy Winehouse and the Chelsea Tractor.
Shoot me now.

MmeBenaut said...

Just wondering if you're awake or asleep ...
My computer is finally working so I can visit again. More cars .. okay. They're lovely.

dive said...

I'm just back from work, Mme (late) and about to grab a bite to eat and go straight to bed ready to get up in the middle of the night and go straight back again.

Palace Fan thats a NEW Dad said...

Look forward to more porn!

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Yes very sexy indeed. There's some old-time car porn for you over at mine Dive.

dive said...

Palace Fan: Welcome! There would have been more car porn this morning but the trains were so crap last night that I got home at bedtime so I'll have to post some more tonight.
A Palace fan AND a new dad! Wow! Congratulations on the new dad bit, and well done for supporting an unfashionable team that I had a soft spot for when I was a kid in the 1960s. Although I must admit, both football and fatherhood are alien concepts to me these days.

Lynn: Woohoo! A BSA 3-Wheeler! Sex on three wheels! Not as fast as the Morgan 3-Wheeler but rarer and cuter. I claim my post card!

Kate said...

You know, Simon and I once made the mistake of trying to drive within 20 miles of Silverstone in the late afternoon. We were at a total standstill long enough to listen to an entire Bob Dylan cassette. Pure torture. Actually, it was from his gospel phase, so it wasn't too bad.

dive said...

Kate: it used to be like that all the time. Recently, they put in lots of new roads and infrastructure and new junctions to the motorways so now it is much better. We only had to crawl as far as Towcester on our way home.

savannah said...

love the cars, sugar! *sighing* re traffic/infrastructure, i'm just glad i live in a little town and don't have to commute or drive unless i really, really, really want/have to!

xoxoxox ;-)

dive said...

More Car Porn to come as soon as I have a spare half hour, Savannah!
xoxox

Maria said...

That Aston Martin is indeed one sexy bugger.

dive said...

Hee hee. You should hear it growl and roar, Maria!