Monday, July 02, 2012

WTF Monday

Not "what the feck Monday" this week, but WHERE the feck?
Where were we this weekend, having a splendid time and getting horrendously sunburned despite the almost constant rain?

10 comments:

Katherine said...

Love that art, juxtaposing the old with the new. Especially love the flags in the background.

I was at a book signing Saturday. Went well!

Is it hot on your side of the world, Dive? It has been between 90-104 here in northern VA, USA.

Speedway said...

Goodwood.

Hope that you used a sunscreen for your red-haired self so that the sunburn isn't too bad. (Take it from someone who, though always uses sunscreen found it to be not enough.)

dive said...

Hi, Katherine! Your weather made our news today so things must be spectacularly sucky over there. Take care and stay safe!

Yay for the book signing! One day I'll have to bring my copy of Poems From The Battlefield over to your side of the pond so you can sign it.

Well spotted, Speedway. The pic is Goodwood House and the Lotus Sculpture for the Festival of Speed (not the dressing up event; that comes in September).
I'm kind of glad I'm not red haired (that only looks good on women - red haired men look dorky), but unfortunately I am now a redhead, in that my baldy head is red. It was actually bleeding this morning so it got burned pretty bad. That'll teach me never to believe the weather forecast (we took brollies but not sunscreen, darn it).

Katherine said...

OMG, Dive, your head was bleeding? How awful! Is it better now?

We didn't have any damage, fortunately, but there are still thousands of people who don't have power, and some won't have it back until next weekend. At least four people died as a result of falling trees, power lines, etc. When you hop across the pond to get your book signed, make sure you pick a week with a good weather forecast!

Petrea Burchard said...

A red-haired male I think is not dorky: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0507073/

and he's a Brit.

So, WTF, Dive, you let your head get so badly sunburned it cracked? I know you wanted sun, but jeez.

Katherine, I'm glad you're okay. I didn't realize you were in all that.

Robyn Martins said...

The sculpture reminds me of the old Hot Wheels race tracks that loops around the living room. I always wanted one of those.

Ms M said...

Sounds like you were having a smashing time at Goodwood viewing speed and car porn. You'll have to get yourself a spiffy cap to wear next time.

Nice photo with the curving sculpture and "smear" of the speeding car.

neetzy said...

I just figured it was your car porn shop. GoodyWoody or Goodwood. I do love the sculpture. I knew it wasn't the Olympics because I read your posts over the last couple of years.

MmeBenaut said...

Yes, Goodwood. With Phil. xx

dive said...

Thanks, Katherine. My head is sore and rather distressingly weeping this morning. It's my own damned fault for listening to the weather forecast.
Glad you escaped the worst of the storms.

Petrea, he looks pretty dorky to me, but then you do have impeccable taste so I'll defer to your better judgement. I've not seen anything he's been in (or heard of him before) but if you like him he must be good at his job.
Still … red-headed males? Never a good idea.

Yay for Hot Wheels, Robyn! Now you've got me all nostalgic.

The car porn was pretty erotic, Ms.M. I'll post some later.

Hee hee, Neetzy. Yup, I'll be avoiding the Olympics like the plague. This isn't our normal Goodwood event; it's up at the house rather than on the race circuit, which is a couple of miles down the hill.

Well spotted, Mme. I am indeed a creature of habit.