While we were at Goodwood I took hundreds of photos.
Cars, cars, cars.
Just about everything made me go Oooh! and point my camera at it.
Then Phil insisted on going into the Volvo stand so he could look at a car he's been thinking of buying.
And, well …
"What are you doing?" he asked.
"Fake Arne Jakobsen chairs!" I pointed and clicked.
"What about the cars?" he asked.
"They're Volvos. The chairs are the only interesting things in here."
Sorry, Mister Volvo, but it's true.

8 comments:
I like curves!
It's true. Volvos look like every other car now. All new cars look alike, it's so dull.
Ditto what Petra said, but this chair really is interesting. And I love the color.
Just as well, Mum; your eldest son is a fat git.
Darn tootin', Petrea. Mister Volvo probably put the chairs in there with his cars to emphasise the quality of Swedish design. Unfortunately all it did was throw into sharp relief how dismally Swedish design standards have plummeted in recent decades.
Me too, Robyn. Lime green Arne Jacobsen knock-offs. Boffo! I want a room full of them.
I agree about Volvos. But I'd like a couple of those chairs.
Spiffy, aren't they, Ms.M?
Volvos have never attracted me but then it takes a lot for a car to catch my eye. They don't make too many that look like cool shoes.
I do love those chairs though-knock off or not! I love that style but it looks out of place in this 100 year old Victorian we're currently sporting.
Great to see you friend! Hope work is going well and not overdoing you.
Shan, work is always crazy, especially at this time of year. Alcohol helps. Plus the thought of saving up for an Arne Jakobsen knock-off before my ass gets too wide to fit in one.
Post a Comment